Advice on Cambridge/Lighterlife

Andrea73

Hi I am planning on starting either CD or LL in the New Year. I know that the diets are really effective in getting quick results however what I was wondering is how I prevent the weight going back on as soon as I stop taking the shakes etc.

I am also going to be starting a new job working shifts (days & nights) so how do I cope with the diet whilst doing shifts.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Andrea x

Hi Andrea,

Not sure if I have the answer, but i think one way is to make sure you introduce food gradually and take the opportunity while you are on the shakes etc to re-evaluate your relationship with food, then with your LLC or CDC help introduce food step by step and find the maintenance level that suits you.

hi Andrea,
CD is cheaper than LL, and taste better lol, ( just my oppinion!) i dont know about LL but with Cd you move up levels as you lose weight to help you maintaining your loss, you re-introduce food gradually and carefully so it shouldnt be a problem maintaining.

Hi Andrea,

I go to uni during the day and work evenings. During the day I make sure I have a Cambridge tetra pack or a bar with me and plenty of water. During the evenings I make hot shakes or soups, sometimes porridge. For cold shakes all you need is water. For hot shakes, soups and porridge a kettle/microwave is needed.
Good luck whichever diet you choose.

Well, I can tell you about both diets as I have done both. In essence, they are both the same in that they give you about 450-500 calories a day when you are Sole Sourcing. When you reach your target weight, there is a phased reintroduction of food. This is where the two diets differ a little.

With LL it takes about 12 weeks or so to work through the programme of food re-introduction as there is more "structure" and "faffing-about" with how the foods are reintroduced, salads, then veggies, then protein etc etc. Then you go through a number of "trigger" weeks.

The CD method is a little better in that it is done by controlling the amount of calories/carbohydrate you have by stepping up from ss to 790 to 1000 to 1200 to 1500 calories a day. THere are defined things that you can have on each of the steps, but how you combine them in recipes etc is up to you.

LL offers you 1-1 and group counselling sessions as part of the diet, but to be honest most CDC's are happy to have a chat and talk through issues with you anyway.

It is my opinion that CD is better for a number of reasons. First the packs taste so much better, second it is much cheaper, third there seems to be a lot more CDC's around than LLC's so you probably will not have to travel as far, and finally CDC's contribute on here LLC's do not tend to (I understand that LL frowns on it - they obviously do not make money from giving advice in forums such as this!!!)

As to how you will cope. To be honest, once you are through the first few days (usually 10 at most) you will be well into ketosis and your body will be comfortable in fat-burning mode. It will know that it can get whatever energy it needs from your fat stores. Once you are there, believe me, you will be surprised how you can ignore food. I was even cooking for people on BBQ's etc while I was SSing and it did not bother me one jot. Once I hit ketosis the first time, I can quite honestly say with hand on heart, that I was not hungry once in 4 months of SSing.

Now, the flip side is that I found the first 7-10 days sheer hell, but if your head and heart are in the right place and you truly want it, it is easy enough. Just keep yourself busy, and keep out of temptations way.

All I can say is that if you do this diet, you will not regret it. It is amazing.

That is such a good posting Steve that I have copied it and will use it for my new customers who always ask what the difference is between the two. I myself did both and can agree that Cambridge is the better option as the food option, to my mind, is crucial to maintaining a level balance when you do get to where you want to be.

thanks very much for all the replies. I think I'll opt for the CD - Steve you have done an excellent job convincing me!!

As I said in the first post I am going to start in January - probably be the 2nd week as I am on induction for my new job the first week and feel it would be just a nightmare.

I'll keep you all posted with my progress.

Have a good christmas and new year everyone.

x

Back