Advice on chineese food please

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
I'm going to a Chinese, eat all you want meal out tomorrow night, and would appreciate your thoughts on what to have lots of and what to avoid like the plague. Most of their food comes in sauces of one kind or another so its a bit difficult to have just the noodles with some meat cos its already mixed. The rice is separate but that's about it. I will avoid things like the banana fritters and seasame bread things cos I know they will be high, but I really love chinese food and today is the first day I have managed to stick to plan after all my upset and now I'm going out tomorrow for a meal I know will be hard for me to control. I really don't want to say bugger it, go out and enjoy it and start afresh Saturday, as its taken me all week to get back on track anyway. So can anyone help me please? xxxxxx

ps. I am doing EE plan

Well chicken chow main should be no more than 3 syns on EE as you would only have to count the syns in the oil.
Obviously boiled rice would be free as would vegetablesthat are not in sauce.

I get chicken and Black bean sauce which is 5 syns on red and EE with boiled rice.

If you have access to slimming world online and the syn database. Type in chinese and it gives you the chinese restaurant/takeaway syn values. Just select it and type in what kind of meal you want. Obv for EE just take the lowest syn value.

Think chicken chow mein is waaayy more than 3 syns :p

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways Chicken & Mushroom, average portion 340g serving[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 5½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 11 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways Chicken Chop Suey with Noodles, average portion 300g serving[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 9 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 5½ Syns
[/FONT]

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways Chicken Chow Mein, average portion 380g serving[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 11½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 7 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways Chicken in Black Bean Sauce, average portion 360g serving[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 5 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 14 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Thanks for the advice ladies, I have been through my food directory and written down the healthier choices so armed with my bit of paper I'm hoping I can resist the temptation of the naughties and make wise choices. Thanks again girls.

Has anyone ever weighed a portion of chicken chow mein from the chinese takeaway. The whole silver carton. I am having chinese tonight.

Wishfairies: I ordered a chicken chow mein and weighed it when it turned up. A WHOPPING 667g :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

But it was lovely :D:D:D and worth it ;)

I just doubled the syn value and took it as 14 syns (I was doing a green day).

Back