Advice on chocolate

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Emmy_lu, 21 January 2014.

1. Emmy_lu

Emmy_lu Well-Known Member

As anyone has this chocolate? Is low carb so I wondered if we are allowed it, I've seen it mentioned in a previous post but just wanted to check as I don't want to hinder my chance of losing weight but I wondered if we could have it as long as it's in our carb count?

2. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Technically if within carb count then prob ok BUT
    You shouldn't have on first 2 weeks of induction esp if trying to change taste buds
    Don't have too many of carb daily allowance in one go
    May trigger cravings in some people so make you fall off wagon
    May stall you

But must admit that I would rather have one square of nice chocolate than mess around with sugar free goodies or bars. Apply sparingly in emergencies:D
  3. Emmy_lu

Haha, thanks for the advice and your completely right of cause , I only had one square, then went back for another.....then again until I ate half the bar!!!!! and it's a big bar so maybe I won't buy it no more, I just love chocolate so much which is why I'm in this mess lol x
  4. Sam_Dodd

Sam_Dodd Well-Known Member

The Co-op do small bars of it, 40g bars I think they, If I need it I buy one of them, for emergencies only! ;)
  5. Emmy_lu

Brilliant idea thanks Sam xx
  6. slaj

slaj Well-Known Member

Must hunt that out in my local Co-op ........ Excited :)
  7. ellaye

ellaye Well-Known Member

Most dark chocolate is low carb. The higher the cocoa percentage, the lower the carb content. Lindt 85% is 2g carbs per square, or 20g for the whole bar.
  8. ladyfelsham

ladyfelsham Clean green leafy machine

Tesco 85% Ecuador choc is 2.1g per piece and it's only £1...