Advice on coming out of ketosis

Kuromi Jenkins

Silver Member
Hi guys,

Quick question that may well help a few others as now Xmas and the party season are upon us we are all probably going to be experiencing similar scenarios.

My first night out is the 29th Nov and I may decide I wish to drink that night. Now as many if us know drinking alcohol when in ketosis is very dangerous so I need to be out of it before I touch alcohol. I plan to go over to Slim & Save in the next few weeks so my plan is that I stick with that plan up to the 29th and then before I go out have something like a jacket potato for tea then the next day I can resume S&S and hopefully get back into ketosis fairly quickly.

My query us will a jacket spud plus filling be enough to knock me out of ketosis and how many hours before hand should I eat it?

Any advice?

I am not sure I'd go straight into eating a jacket spud. The refeed plan says to eat salad vegetables on the first 1or 2 days coming out of 100%. I think the spud is quite heavy carb wise and would knock you straight out, so if that's what you want, a short sharp shock out, then maybe that's what to do. You might fill up your glycogen stores unnecessarily though and put water weight on. Have you read the LT reefed plan, it talks all about glycogen and carb loading. Hope that helps?

I am not sure I'd go straight into eating a jacket spud. The refeed plan says to eat salad vegetables on the first 1or 2 days coming out of 100%. I think the spud is quite heavy carb wise and would knock you straight out, so if that's what you want, a short sharp shock out, then maybe that's what to do. You might fill up your glycogen stores unnecessarily though and put water weight on. Have you read the LT reefed plan, it talks all about glycogen and carb loading. Hope that helps?

If it was in preparation to drink alcohol then yes I would need to knock myself out of ketosis quickly or risk my health. I wasn't on about reseeding as the idea was to resume the diet after that night so apart from the potato I wouldn't be eating off the plan again for a few weeks.

Back