Advice on dress buying needed....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Julesy, 10 April 2008 Social URL.

1. Julesy

Julesy Likes being a girly girl

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi all, I need some advice.......

I am going to a wedding on August 2nd and saw THE most divine dress in Bay Trading today.......I have a feeling they are Spring fashion dresses, and they may not be in stock nearer to the wedding, so I really need some advice......

I so want to buy one as an incentive and also because I would love to wear it to the wedding, BUT I have no idea what size to buy!!!!

I'm a size 16 at the moment and weigh 13.3 and I'm 5' 3". On average I'm losing around 2-3 lbs a week.....ideally i would love to be at my goal of 9.5 by the wedding, but obviously we never know what may happen between now and then....so realistically what size do you think I should buy?
    I was thinking a size 12.......but that just scares the beejesus out of me....lol! What do you all think?

Oh and I can't find a picture of the dress but it is the same style as this one.....just in dark turqoise/blue patterned with blue netting underneath.
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Roosters

Roosters Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.11%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    hmm.. not sure about the size thing, but the dress is beautiful!

4. Mrs B

Mrs B Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st1.7lb
    Current Weight:
    23st1.1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.6lb(4.32%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Sorry, I've no idea Julesy but wanted to say what a gorgeous dress.

5. Julesy

Julesy Likes being a girly girl

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks guys........I've never worn a dress thats shown my legs before :eek:...and definately never worn a dress that doesn't have THICK straps to cover the 'over the shoulder boulder holders' THICK straps either! ;)

Would be nice to have visible collar bones (not sticky out Posh Spice ones tho) to show off too, iykwim!?

6. Gilly28

Gilly28 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Cant see the picture for some reason...

But playng it safe buying a dress cut onthe bias is a good idea cos the dress will 'move' with you so if you buy now the hemline would rise as the width takes the fabric - but as you slim the length gets longer, as there is not so much 'padding' underneath..

for example in ideal world they are selling reversable dresses, see link

Product Description

Sorry forgot to add buy in a 12

7. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Don't buy yet! I did this, thinking that I would end up a size 12 at the end of it all, but I'm actually an 8 and now the dress is too big! Also - you don't know exactly what your shape is going to be, so you may find that the style isn't right for you once you get to goal. I'm sure that there will be LOTS of lovely dresses to choose from in August!

8. silhouettes

silhouettes Silver Member

I agree with Deb G. I have wasted a fair bit of money buying size 12 clothes that just dont suit me. I bought them when i was larger and thought they would look fantastic but as my shape has changed they just make me look large and frumpy instead of gorgeous (as i had imagined)

9. cambridge*diet*08

cambridge*diet*08 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.8%)
    Diet:
    CD Sole Source
    i am also a shorty and at 13,3 i was a size 16, now at 11,3 i am a 14...

we shorties tend to go down sizes quite slowly lol!!!

i personally would be a good 12 at 9,5, so i would buy a 12.

worst case scenario is its too big and a good dry cleaners can take it in where needed!!!
    at least it will be too big and not too small...

10. Tazzi

Tazzi is Special :P

Start Weight:
    228kg
    Current Weight:
    78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    150kg(65.78%)
    OMG i bought the black version of that dress for the wedding went to last year (whilst i was on CD)

I bought a size 12.....i was a size 18 in August and i fit into a 12 for the wedding in december......Im 5 foot 4....and lost about the same as you per week.

I was still around in November this dress just take into consideration if you eat at the wedding it may not fit the day after if its a perfect fit.

Taz x

11. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

hi,

I reckon i would wait till nearer the time, no point in you wastin money now i know you want to get it now but then you dont know what size you will be. Or you could get it and get it altered if needed?

Fab dress by the way stunning,im sure it will look fab on u

becky x

12. sasha63

sasha63 I ♥ CD !!

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    meal replacement
    Love The Dress So Fifty's Id Buy There Always Magic Knickers :d:d ( A Godsend):d

13. Gemma

Gemma Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Oh my god I have to have that dress is there a catalogue you can but it from, the bay here is tiny.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.