Advice on how much to eat please!!

skydivelemming

I wasn't quite sure where to post this question, but here seems roughly okay! I've had one weigh in so far and lost 2 1/2 lbs which I'm reasonably pleased with. I know I shouldn't weigh myself every day or worry about daily increases because weight fluctuates naturally by several lbs day to day. Having said that, I weighed myself today and seem to be more or less back where I started weight-wise. This has caused doubt to form in my mind.

So, my question basically is: I know I'm eating the RIGHT things, because that's very clear in the literature, but I'm really unsure about WHETHER I SHOULD BE TRYING TO EAT A LOT OR AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE WITHOUT BEING HUNGRY? Which would result in the greatest weight loss? The literature says you should eat lots, but does it really say that so you don't FEEL restricted, because when you feel restricted you end up eating more? Should I still be sticking to the amount of calories people normally eat to lose weight ie 1200-1500 calories, or should I not worry about that?

Thanks guys!

Back