Advice on long term maintenance from those that know!!

Minx34

Minx xx
Hi all

I am only in my second week, but am looking ahead at how I am going to live life "normally" with CD once my goal is acheived!

I am inspired by people, like KD, who have maintained for so long and am wondering...do you all still use the shakes etc as part of your everyday life?

A friend of mine did LL and has maintained for a year. When she knows she has a social event etc she will utilise shakes the week before and after to maintain her weight.

Is this what happens with CD or do you just go on to a "normal" diet?

Any advice would be much appreciated as I think my main reasons for doing CD were (1) the faster weight loss and (2) the knowledge that I could lead a normal life with it afterwards, without being a life-long "dieter"!! :rolleyes:

xx

I think the aim with CD is to go back to a normal but healthy diet, eating enough good choices to maintain your goal weight. This is what the CD 'steps' prepare you for. I know some people do use shakes/bars to help them maintain, but that isn't ideal really... it's a safety net I guess, but the aim is to get back to real life and real food.

I can't speak for everyone, but that is my understanding of it and my aim.

xxx

Hi.. Once you start upping plans, you'll gradually introduce carbs,little by little until you are at a healthy eating plan to maintain. I would just lower you cal intake a few days before and afte, still using the healthy plan.. if you have a night out or social get together, you shouldnt gain that way. x

Hi
Thanks both for your comments.
It's a long way off but need to start preparing myself for it in my head!
You have both done brilliantly! Katy - Well done on reaching your goal weight...you must feel fab!
xx

Back