advice on tfr & refeed

Bindi

Silver Member
Hi all,
Hope everyones enjoying the sunshine...Sorry for the long post but would liek your advice on what I should do over the next few wks....
Im on LT total food replacement at the mo, just started 3rd week, am staying on it for a total of 4 wks then am refeeding for a wk before I go on hols, would like to stick to some kind of refeed prog when Im on hols for the week if possible, ie have 2 shakes and low fat dinner (and a couple of glasses of wine). When Im back I would like to go back on tfr but can only 2 it for bout wk and half before I need to refeed again before a weekend away, then after the weekend away I can do tfr for another 4 wks....So what do you think is the best way to tackle this????
Thanks fellow LT'ers

Well hun personally i would start refeed and stick at it i think! I did refeed for 3 weels and lost 10lb! I started it 8 weeks ago at 12st 1lb and am now 11st 5lb and havent gained once. That could be a good idea for you maybe rather than going in and out of ketosis xx

If you are planning on drinking alcohol then you must make sure you get out of ketosis. Maybe do low fat instead of low carb...plenty of fruit etc as the natural sugars will knock you out of ketosis, but will not put fat on you (unless you eat truckloads LOL). Maybe two shakes a day then something like chicken/salad and baked potato for tea.

You will not be in ketosis, so you may want food during the day, but maybe just choose a salad or fruit or something low fat. It might be worth doing something like weight watchers for the week you are away.

Good luck and have a fab time.x

Yep Shaz is right no alcohol in ketosis!! xx

Hi all,
Hope everyones enjoying the sunshine...Sorry for the long post but would liek your advice on what I should do over the next few wks....
Im on LT total food replacement at the mo, just started 3rd week, am staying on it for a total of 4 wks then am refeeding for a wk before I go on hols, would like to stick to some kind of refeed prog when Im on hols for the week if possible, ie have 2 shakes and low fat dinner (and a couple of glasses of wine). When Im back I would like to go back on tfr but can only 2 it for bout wk and half before I need to refeed again before a weekend away, then after the weekend away I can do tfr for another 4 wks....So what do you think is the best way to tackle this????
Thanks fellow LT'ers
hi bindi
i had thr same problem,was really unsure wat to do,im goin on holidays in 3 weeks im on LT now,am gonna stay on it and when im away iv decided to have a shake for breakfast and lunch,and in the evening have a small dinner,(chicken,fish,veg)and or course wine....its a holiday...but i think one or two will probably do me,since i havent had solid food for a month,real cheap date lol,the decision is personal,its watever will work for you,i know if i did refeed for a week the maintaince over there,i would find it very difficult to go back to LT,so good luck with watever you choose.dont worry watever choice you make will be the right one for you..xjx

Thanks girls for the replies.
When you say refeed does it always entail using shakes or is it just low carb food?
Shazpaz was thinking along those lines of chicken/fish and veg for dinner while Im away, tbh the food where we are going isnt as nice as other places we've been to so I kinda know what I will be eating in advance....was thinking shake for brekkie (or is there any point in having the shake while Im not in ketosis) then maybe shake for lunch or follow a ww plan and same for dinner, as for the wine I would say it will be literally a couple of glasses a night. Im sure I will be out of ketosis by the time the hol comes around, Ive bought the sticks to test anyway just in case.
TracyJ can you give some examples of what you have been eating during yoru refeed, I know Ive come across a couple of posts somewhere along the way

Hi hun refeed includes having a shake for breakfast (or the maintenance formulas) for the first few days you cant have carbs just white fish and chicken with green veg or salad..potatoes etc start on day 4!

My first meal was diced chicken fried in water and 2 tablespoons of cabbage..it was lovely and enough! I still have similar now, tonight im having smoked cod cooked in the oven with lemongrass and salt and pepper, with rice and sweetcorn.

If i were you i would follow refeed strictly and just stick to it for a while but introducing other foods slowly xx

So I will stick to the refeed plan to the letter for my refeed week then when Im away stick to the plan as much as I can with a couple of vinos thrown in?

Back