Advice please! - Black coffee and only eating at night!

HannahG

Hi all!

I'm finding that drinkin black coffee throughout the day is good for me, then having 2 or 3 of the packets at night - for example had a soup then a shake after tonight. Is that ok to do? I find i can cope being hungry in the day at work as i work in visual merchandising, so I'm on my feet occupied all day usually. So i'd rathr not be hungry at night where I would be tempted to eat, and feel uncomfortable being hungry. Will this be affecting the diet at all? And is black coffee ok to drink? Any advice at all is much appreciated thank you!!

I believe black coffee is ok, but you must have all of your meals each day. I do similar to you only I nibble at a bar during the day at work, sometimes only eating half of it. Then I have 2 shakes and the rest of the bar at night when I get home. Evenings are my risky times too so it helps to save my food until then - stops me looking for other munchies.

Be careful, if I leave too long between packs you can get low blood sugar and may faint etc. My CDC advises an even spread of meals.

i think its a personal thing....as long as its not effecting your health in terms of dizzy spells or knocking you out of ketosis, then its not a problem.
I'm the same, i'm on ss+ at the moment, and i only have 1 of my shakes in the day (about 2pm), then have a soup at 7, dinner at 9ish with shake at bedtime....
I have done this practically since day dot, and 15 weeks in and i'm over 5 stone lighter so cant be doing me any harm! lol
xxx

I think I read that in terms of carbs it may be better to spread your packs throughout the day as you will be taking in a (relatively) large amount of carbohydrates in a short space of time so you may get knocked out of ketosis for a while.
I can also back up what Chlo says as I get woozy if I leave it too long between packs. However, we are all different so if it works for you then I guess it's OK as long as you take note of any potential ill-effects

I agree maybe you should try and spread them out a bit. How about you try diluting one shake with water and sipping it through the day along with your coffees and leave the second two CDs for the evening? You need to keep your metabolism going during the day when you're doing most of your running around.

I agree maybe you should try and spread them out a bit. How about you try diluting one shake with water and sipping it through the day along with your coffees and leave the second two CDs for the evening? You need to keep your metabolism going during the day when you're doing most of your running around.

Great idea bb but unfortunately you can't keep a shake going for the whole day as the nutrient level decreases after time.:(

I'm not a CDC and can't recall exactly how long that is but I think it's somewhere around 30 minutes that you should consume your shake in after making it up :)
I'm sure a CDC will be along to give the full and accurate info soon.

I know for me personally when I was doing CD that I had my first shake around 12noon, then my 2nd around 5pm and always saved my last one until at least 9-10pm and made it a hot one like choc & mint or choc & orange.

Isis xx :)

TBH, it really doesn't matter when you have your packs during the day.

I've had clients who used to eat all their packs in one giant bowl every night, and somebody who used to eat them all before midday, both lost over 7 stones.... so, it really doesn't affect your weight loss.

So long as you can function during the day and you are not feeling faint, then that's fine.
HTH

thanks for your advice guys! I don't feel faint at all, and i carry a tetra around with me incase i feel i need it, but atm 1- 2 black coffee in the day is keeping me going fine, i've only been doing it 4 days, so maybe in the future i might need to spread them out more!

Just to play devil's advocate. It can be good at some point in the plan to try to get into a healthy routine with regular ish meals that work for you as you won't be on this plan for ever (even though it may feel like it) and it can be really easy to forget how to eat at regular times. I'm only speaking from my experience here and how I felt last time I started to move up the plans.

Making shakes in the car is a bit of PITA but I've got a little battery powered whisk thing that works really well.

Back