Advice please from some one who is clued up in employment????

Chelly, did you get it in writing in regards to the hours or was it verbal only?

Andy's advice is spot on in regards to doing it the correct way. Just some things that may help....

1. If you've got it in writing, keep it - it will be useful in your "case".
2. Check if the company has a formal procedure for booking "extra" holidays. Most companies have a procedure that you have to follow for taking excess leave, which normally involves you completing a request form, which then has to be authorised by a member of staff. If you company has this and you didn't complete one, then that's another one in your favour as you shouldn't have been allowed the time off.
3. Get a copy of your holiday request form (if you haven't already), again it should have been picked up from this if the authorised your holidays and you didn't have enough time.

Not much else I can add, but Good Luck!!!!

Thanks Mark,

I read on the CAB site that they had to write to me before deducting anything from my wages... They didnt do this... I only found out when I checked my bank account And I had to phone them myself to find out... Which is also annoying as they would have processed the timesheets for this last week, so they could have phone me to inform me I had ran out of holidays without allowing me off for another week which will result in me having no pay...

But in my contract it says they reserve the right to deduct any over payments from my weekly pay....

2 - The contract says nothing about this... But when I was booking them, Because of their error It wasnt extra holidays.. It was holiday hours they told me I had and that I had to take before the end of march as they werent paying people for them anymore... I thought I had no holidays left and they told me I had to take these hours...

3 - We dont have a holiday request form... It is all booked on a system call Impact 360... But through this system it wouldnt let me book the holidays... So my Team leader took the information to The manager of the call floor.. Who authorised the holidays and booked them off for me..

Chelly - let me know how you get on. If you do want to go through the Grievance Procedure I'll help guide you through it. The 'rules' are changing from April, and all firms will have to use the ACAS code. If they don't follow the code then if you go to tribunal and win they will uplift any settlement you get. It is important to keep notes of any meetings. You may also ask your HR for a copy of any notes that they take - be sure to let them know of any errors. If you do go down the formal Grievance route (which let's face it you shouldn't have to unless they are being unreasonable) then at that stage you can take either a work colleague or a union rep with you. Let me know what happens. I'm going to a seminar tomorrow about the new procedures so can give you further info then. Good luck hun!!

Brilliant Slimma thank you so much!!!!

Omg the guy at the CAB said to phone at one as I have to start work at two... now there is a stupid recorded message saying they can take no more calls til after 2!!!!! grrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Chelly you have a very strong case. They arent allowed do this and the CAB will surely help you. Even if its not all in writing you can still tell your story and unless your work place are awful f**kers (excuse french) then they wont lie.

Thats the thing though they are awful F**ckers ( and your excused :p ) lol!

But I have witnesses who were there when I was told about my holiday hours and that I had to take them...

And during my time off people were called to their team leaders and told that their holiday entitilements were calculated wrong... So thats more witnesses

Thats the thing though they are awful F**ckers ( and your excused :p ) lol!

But I have witnesses who were there when I was told about my holiday hours and that I had to take them...

And during my time off people were called to their team leaders and told that their holiday entitilements were calculated wrong... So thats more witnesses

thats good.. they will help.. you'll get your money.. and if you need a lawyer I'll represent you.. Im not a lawyer but Im a very convincing guy!! hehe

Lol thanks ollie!!!

Really just wanted to talk to the CAB first before I had to go in to see where I stood.. But hey!! Just about to head now.. So wish me luck!! lol

Will be online after 6ish probs in work so I will let you all know whats happening xxx

hi chelly you should join a union like gmb or unison for example, your employer can do nothing about it. everyone is entitled to join a union you can do it online, then you would have representation. power to the people an all that.

Ok so they have blocked the internet in work so we cant go online anymore...

Had my informal chat today.. and they are refusing to pay me because I should have known I was over my holidays...
We dont have any access to what holidays we have... we rely on our team leader for the information... and it was my team leader that told me I had these hours...

I asked how they can let some one who has worked here for over two years go for two weeks without and pay and got a shrug in reply...

I asked what I was going to do for money... They said I can always do some over time to get paid extra the following week... The cheek of it!!

SOOOOOOOOOO ANGRY!!!!

So what do I write in my formal grievance??

Back