Advice please on Protein!!

Shangri-la

Hi guys!!. Please could you give me some advice?. I don't have a weighing scales so for my fourth item every day i have been having things like 2 small baked pork chops or 2 small baked salmon fillets or a chicken fillet. I don't eat any veg as i hate it. I am having the other three items as my packs.

Is this two much protein or does it seem roughly ok to you?

Yes your having 2 of them! So no doubt it would e over!! Also pork is ery high in fat, sugar and salt and not allowed on sns so is avoid it if I were you! One chick breast is about right though :)
I'd get some scales to be honest! A bit extra protien here and there isn't too much of a problem but too much everyday may stall your losses! :)

I would say that 2 pork chops is likely to weigh more than 100g, but I could be wrong! I would also say even 100g of pork chop would be a bit higher in calories than we're allowed (roughly about 200ish cals). I know pork isn't on the S&S sheet but people do have things that aren't on the list and have been ok, it's up to you if you want to 'modify' the plan though. For example people have been having 2 eggs for their protein meal even though it's not on the sheet. If you are worried just drop S&S an email and I'm sure they'll be able to advise. Pork in itself should be ok if you have the right amount to not go over your calories for your 4th pack. Plain pork chops don't contain carbs, just like chicken, turkey etc so you wont be knocked out of ketosis.

I can't comment on the fish as I rarely eat it.

Chicken fillets can vary in size, so it can depend really. But if you don't have scales and can't weigh then I would say that you would be ok with 1 chicken breast fillet. If it actually weighs a bit more than 100g the calories might be a bit higher but not much and seeing as you don't have the veg will leave you with a few spare anyway.

You hate ALL veg? What do you eat? :confused:

Since being on sns, ive sickened myself with broccoli and cauliflour so i eat the meals on their own or i just eat a piece of meat or chicken and i love my dark choc truffa bars.

I really like turnip but you'd nearly need a chainsaw to prepare it, lol so i cant be arsed. cabbage is the same - too much effort for just myself as noone likes it in the family apart from me.

So, it feels more and more as if i am becoming an atkins dieter but in a few weeks i will be ordering my shakes and soup from sns for a change. i am on day 14 now and have lost 11lbs so i am happy with this even though i have been having quite a bit of protein, my carbs are still very low and i must be in ketosis as im not hungry.

Cabbage is really easy to prepare, I just slice it and steam it. I get sweetheart cabbage as it's smaller and it's good for about 3 dinners. If you get a steamer with a few levels you can do the whole family's veg at the same time easily.
Turnip is quite simple and quick to prepare too, I use a serrated knife and slice off the top and bottom, then slice off the skin. Follow the curve of the turnip and you won't lose much flesh. Cut the flesh with a sharp un-serrated knife on a clean damp tea towel or kitchen towel and it won't slip around. It's kinda like preparing a pineapple.
Courgettes are underrated. Slice courgette and pop in a bowl with a bit of soy sauce and microwave. Start with a minute and do them for longer if you like them softer. They're nice. You can also slice them dead thin, spray with a bit of fry light and oven cook them to get them crispy.
Have you tried cauliflower rice? Grate or food process the cauliflower (until rice size) and put it in the microwave raw with no water for 30 seconds, covered. It makes a rice type consistency, you can add a bit of soy to this too and have it with the chilli con carne.
Hopefully there's something here you might have a go at :)

Back