Advice please The Bars & Excercise ?

inca1000

Hi, hope someone knowledgeable can answer my queries? :confused:

I have started on the CD and I am on Day 10 (woo hoo for me).

First question:
Why can't you do heavy excercise on Cambridge?
I know the fact you might pass out as on VLCD, but apart from this would it help with weightloss or hinder it?

Next Question:
I can have the bars and water flavourings from start of week 3, is there a risk they would take me out of ketosis?

Thanks

Heavy - very - exercise does seem to hinder weight loss but exercise is allowed - CD updates their advice a while back. If you exercised before then carry on - just take it a bit easier the first few weeks while you adapt to the diet. If you weren't an exerciser give it a couple of weeks and then you can introduce gentle to moderate exercise - swimming, brisk walks , toning exercises etc. I got my CDC to check and advice came back that Couch to 5k and the shred were fine - the former because it builds up slowly and shred was OK because although it is intensive it is for such a short time duration. remember to drink even more water if you are exercising

The bars and the flavourings shouldn't knock you out of ketosis although some people are very sensitive to them. the bars are higher cards/calories than the shakes but only just and you are still on a VLCD. Initially if I had more than 3 bars a week I had slower losses (like 4 lbs instead of 5) but now it doesn't seem to make any difference. Somedays (i try not to) I have 2 bars and a couple of times I've been stuck having 3 (makes you very windy though). not recommended but was out on the go and no way i could make a shake up. Didn't affect my losses.

The flavourings I have only recently started using and since then my losses have slowed but I really don't think its due to them - more that I only have a stone to go to goal - so was expecting losses to drop to 1-2 lbs a week at this stage.

Hope this helps

Many thanks for the advice, most appreciated.

Back