Advice please - TOTM gain!

MissChattyBex

Had a ridiculously good weigh in on Wednesday and have been flying high on Cloud 9 since then but.....

....I'm on the implant and haven't had TOTM for nearly 3 years :) and then yesterday, BAM! :eek: Scales are saying 7lb gain in the last 30 odd hours :confused: I know its probably inevitable to put on at this time (always used to) but any advice on anything I can do to limit the gain? Maybe someone else has the same problem? :confused:

Thanks guys.

Heya.

I would ignore the sneaky weigh in, up your super speeds, and wait and see what Wednesday brings :)

I know certain veg and fruit are my, erm, super duper speeds, so perhaps you have some too? In which case, up them :) Just keep plodding along, and I bet Wednesday will bring a nice surprise :D

And if you do gain, it isn't the end of the world. You know why, so onwards and downwards.

Make sure you keep drinking plenty of water as well!!

Thanks for the advice so far.

Jodieboo I always weigh at the same time every day - a definite scale hopper! One of my biggest issues, and it's one of my targets by Christmas is to not scale hop - and to be honest about not doing it.

Good weight loss food for me is the soup I make and I've had it every day, fingers crossed.

It's just really upsetting me because its an issue I've not had to deal with for years and now BAM! And I think maybe it's even worse because I had such a good weigh in this week I'm going to come down with a bump

Just remember that a TOTM gain is a) temporary and b) not a "fat" gain. Within a few days you will be back to normal and possibly lower. I think its important to keep perspective. You cant avoid such gains happening, so just note them as a gain with good reason and one that wont last.

Just remember that a TOTM gain is a) temporary and b) not a "fat" gain. Within a few days you will be back to normal and possibly lower. I think its important to keep perspective. You cant avoid such gains happening, so just note them as a gain with good reason and one that wont last.

Sorry to hijack but omg! where abouts on the Wirral are you??? *small world*

Yeah don't be worrying about * weight- it's mainly water- it'll go. Just stick to plan- stop worrying- and smash up those scales :p

magic soup - cabbage, celery and green beans, works for me

but as said above STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALES!! or just learn to shrug the readings off if you absolutely can't.

good luck xx

drink plenty of water and ignore the scales, they will go back down in a day or two, it is just pure water retention - the joys of being a women!!!

Thanks everyone - persauding myself to stick to plan and stick to my exercise every night and hope the 'water weight'/ or whatever it is goes away by wednesday weigh in and that by being good and sticking to it I'll end up loosing more too :)

Trying not to weigh...only twice today wooohoo :) Tried everything - even gave them to my friend who lives down the corridor, but I just made excuses to go down there so I could weigh and then she'd try and trick me into eating all the lovely cakes and things she makes - double chocolate fudge cake. That plan wasn't so good. I'm getting better - have put posters all over them and my mirrors saying that the scales don't define who I am and what the read isn't who I am and that they don't measure my worth.

One day it will sink it :)

Listen very carefully you can look at this two ways
1) you can know it's * week and panic and cry and get all bent out of shape over a 7lb gain, which will give you the prefect excuse to go off plan as you've gained.

Or

2) You can know that it's * week, know that a 7lb gain is simply water and even if it's still there on wednesday then so what? It'll be gone next week!
Be honest about your eating and if say you've eaten a pkt of biscuits then perhaps you will have a small gain of 1/2lb to 1lb, but the rest is just water.

When you get weighed put a little * next to the date so you will see the pattern.

Oh and do yourself a favour and chuck the scales away!

Listen very carefully you can look at this two ways
1) you can know it's * week and panic and cry and get all bent out of shape over a 7lb gain, which will give you the prefect excuse to go off plan as you've gained.

Or

2) You can know that it's * week, know that a 7lb gain is simply water and even if it's still there on wednesday then so what? It'll be gone next week!
Be honest about your eating and if say you've eaten a pkt of biscuits then perhaps you will have a small gain of 1/2lb to 1lb, but the rest is just water.

When you get weighed put a little * next to the date so you will see the pattern.

Oh and do yourself a favour and chuck the scales away!

Haha thanks :) Am feeling much better about this now thanks to you all. Sticking to plan and my exercise and will just have to grin and bear weigh in (shouldn't be too hard as I'm getting miss slinky certificate etc from winning last week - so that should boost my mood).

Still can't rid of the scales, definite hold over me. Joined a thread on here about it though, so working on it :) Not weighed yet today! x

I gained 4.5lbs at last weigh in - and i am sure part of it was TOTM! I had been naughty, but not THAT naughty. Hopefully this week i get a loss....!

I gained 4.5lbs at last weigh in - and i am sure part of it was TOTM! I had been naughty, but not THAT naughty. Hopefully this week i get a loss....!

Good luck for a loss next weigh in :)

I always gain on TOMT (before when I was still having them) - so nervous for WI tomorrow :(

Who'd be a woman? It's so demoralising but it's not a true gain. Hope tomorrow's weigh in is kind to you.

Back