Advice please? Which blender should I get?

LizLL

Hi ...and a happy new year to you all!

I am going to be starting LL this month and I'm feeling petrified! I am wondering what I have set myself up for! I really want to lose weight - 9 or 10 stone (gulp!) - but I guess I am scared of failing yet another diet.

Anyway I went into town today to find a blender or smoothie maker in the sales. There are so many different sorts that I gave up and came home again!

Could you tell me the name of a good blender that makes the soups and shakes less powdery?

Thanks for your support !:)

hi
please don/t worry - you will be fine - long as you stick to the program and keep up with the water you will see results very fast - I did LL in 2003/4 and lost 7 1/2 stone in 7 months.
I found the best mixer was just a water bottle - small amount of water in bottom added powder thru funnel shake fro england and hey presto - for hot soups though just used a hand held blender - whizz few seconds and all done - did find sometimes though that after blending, needed small amount of heating in microwave. Good luck x

i bought the tesco value hand blender for under a fiver and it works a treat be sure to put the water in first then th epowder to avoid lumps!! good luck!!

Hi Don't worry about the blender just buy one that is easy to use - I have a braun one. One peice of advice for the coming months - do ot cheat - not once. If you make that deal with yourself you will sail through. Don't find an excuse to have a drink or a meal out - it is not worth it. Also the first few days are the hardest - stick with it.

I have a braun hand blender that is able to crush ice (very important with my shakes :D ) you dont need a fancy super duper one, however if you do want to buy one then breville do some lovely ones

I just use a stick blender for shakes and a hand whisk for soups. But you may like the idea of experimenting with ice, in which case you probably need a proper blender/smoothie maker.

Good luck and don't be afraid. We've all failed at lots of other diets as well (I think I've failed at all of them!) But I can do this, and so can you. It's all in your head. Decide to go for it, organize the feeding of anyone else you're responsible for, insist on support from nearest and dearest. Do not cheat, even once. You've read about the agonies of stopping and restarting on here, so you are forewarned.

This is a wonderful gift you are giving yourself. Grab it, enjoy it and get your life back.

End of sermon, tee hee!

I went through three blenders on LL as none of them really liked ice, and then I dropped the jug on a fourth! As I am starting CD again today (yay!) I have treated myself to a Vitamix! Okay, I could have bought a car for the amount it costs but it's fab and the shakes are wonderful...and it's a good incentive to keep me going to justify the cost of the blooming thing!

Joe

I couldn't do without my Kenwood Frothie maker (ebay £15 including postage) heats the soup, vanilla coffee and chocolate brilliantly.
56lbs gone 56 left to go!!!!!

I use a stick blender (Braun I think) from Tesco - was about £12. It can cope with just about anything, including ice. I like making mousse, so the amount of water required is too small for it to mix up in a big jug blender - I have to lick the blender (heaven) as it is to get my full quota of mousse!!

Good luck - stay abstinent - don't cheat - and the results will be fantastic. I lost 4 stone in foundation and look a totally different person!

I have been using an old hand blender called "Billy".. think it may be a braun and tbh I could not have eaten the soups and shakes without it. It has travelled everywhere with me so far!! that and that plastic measuring jug I use too!

Wow! Thank you for all these replies...and the encouragement you have given me. I don't intend to cheat at all, in fact my motivation level is "sky high" right now but that is how I felt when I began WW too. This time though I feel convinced it is my time to succeed!

Your weight losses are all fantastic. I have been following a lot of your journeys week by week and it is so encouraging to see that it is possible.

I think I will try a Braun hand blender - thanks for your advice. I will post my weight losses as soon as I have started LL. This community is just great. Thanks for being there!

Back