Advice please!

evilpenguin

Not evil at all
Hey everyone

Sorry, I know this is probably the wrong forum seeing as there's a specific exercise thread but I wasn't sure how often people go in there and I won't be online much tomorrow to see if I get any replies :eek:

I have my gym induction tomorrow at 2.45pm and not sure entirely what I'll do at it, but I'm going to stay on for an hour or so after it to work out, get used to the place etc. I was wondering if it's a bad idea to eat lunch at my usual time of 1pm, should I eat before I leave at around 2pm or eat it earlier than 1pm? I've never done any "proper" exercise before and not sure what's the best thing to do with eating then exercising!

Thanks!

My bf was laughing at me this morning taking my PE kit into work with me, hasn't stopped me from looking forward to it :D

Hi I hope you enjoyed your induction. I always aim to eat an hour before exercise. You need energy to sustain you but you also don't want to feel sick. I eat pasta 60-90 minutes before I go training in the evening (I'm a green day girl!) but when I swim early in the morning I will just have coffee and an alpen light half hour before as it's too early for anything else! You may find you take a couple of weeks to work out the best routine for you

Back