Advice please

oneday

Hiya,

Well I did CD in the past and lost 7 stones but i've gradually over the last few years put on 2 stones. i really want to lose this and a little bit more but not sure whether to go back on CD or not as i know its not an easy diet.
I've been doing WW but failing miserably.
I have a family party in May and a holiday in June which i want to be at least near target for.
Trouble is I have a few events coming up (all around food!!) which i can't get out of.
So after all that (and i'm sorry to go on) but I'm after advice whether you think i should just give CD a go again or not?

Your thoughts/comments would be very welcome.

Oh my god, I went through the exact same thing when I started back on CD, having put 2st 9lbs back on. I wanted to start so badly that I just got on with it, but I found it really hard with all my food events. I think if you can accept the fact that while you've got these things going on, the diet will feel like 2 steps forward and 1 step back every week, you'll be fine with it. I really struggled.

I had a hard time just having the meal on the day of the event. I was in the mind frame of 'Heck the day's already ruined might as well eat all day, not just the one meal.' And I found it hard to get back on track the next day. BUT having said that, I've I'd put my start date off until after all my events (5 weeks with one meal out a week at least) I'd probably have had 3st + to try and shift - as it stands, I now only have 1st 12lbs to go, and the last of my food events was last Thursday, so it's plain sailing for a while.

Dunno if that helps you at all, but I'm glad I started CD straight away and just worked in my events beacause like I say, I still lost weight during those weeks, just not as much as I would've normally. And I didn't put on (except once where I had 2 things in 1 week). xxx

Last edited:
I think you've hit the nail on the head - I think you are right about starting anyway and just working my way through, might give my counsellor a call tomorrow!

I'm glad I did, even though my losses were frustrating. I automatically put on 4lbs if I eat carbs after I've been in ketosis, so every week I was having to shift 4lbs + but I usually had 1 or 2lb losses. I can't help thinking how much I might have put on during that time. I think it's worth persevering with it, and thoroughly enjoying the meals etc when you're having them, I didn't let myself feel guilty because they were planned breaks, not accidental spur of the moment cheats. Taking the blame and guilt away makes it easier to get back on track I found.

Back