Advice please?!?

Foo Fan

Gold Member
Hi guys,

I've got my 3rd WI tomorrow and think my loss is around 4lb (although I have had a sneaky weigh at the gym so this might not be accurate according to the pharmacies scales)

Anyway I'm about 8lb from BMI of 25 and 12lb from my goal..

My plan is 2 slowly introduce food over a longer period than the week re-feed.. Lasting about 4/6 weeks..

But when should I start this process? I have found it hard this week and have been going to thy gym more. Shall I stick to it 100% for another week? Then move up to 2 shakes and a meal (protein, veg/salad)..

Any advice would be great!

Hey hun, fraid to say it but nobody can really give you an answer here. It all depends on how you feel :)

Great idea to have a longer refeed though, just make sure you are strict with it xx

summergurl said:
Hey hun, fraid to say it but nobody can really give you an answer here. It all depends on how you feel :)

Great idea to have a longer refeed though, just make sure you are strict with it xx

Thanks, Im still in the zone eventhough I've struggled a bit this week... Think I'll stick 100% for another week...
I have got a planned day off next Friday so gonna do at least another 4 days of 100% after that to get back into ketosis...
I'm worried about the day off but I'm having a night out with my OH (we've had a bit of a break and now working things out :) ) and he doesn't know I'm doing LT.

You probably already know this but if you are planning on drinking on friday then if i were you i'd refeed from tomorrow. You really need to be out of ketosis otherwise its pretty dangerous to be drinking alcohol.

Other than that, dont go mad and you wont see a gain and i hope if works out for the best with your chap :D xx

Was gonna have some carbs next Friday like cous cous and salad (so nothing 2 stodgy) to take me out of ketosis then just have a couple of glasses of wine or vodka and cranberry.. Then back on the LT wagon on the Saturday..
Do u think this will be ok or shall I start the re-feed tomorrow? I didnt really want to eat all the carbs etc in the refeed just for one day off?

You might not always be out of ketosis on the one meal. It's advised that if you are going to have alcohol then you'll need to do a refeed for atleast one week.

I'm sure there are plenty of people on here that have done what you are planning but not everybody's bodies are the same and each one will react differently. You might be the unlucky one that gets really Ill from it.

Hi Foo, google; alcohol & ketosis, it's dangerous hun x

Thanks both - I thought that one meal would take me out of ketosis - I'll defo ask about the refeed tomorrow - I'm just a bit nervous cos this is the longest I've stayed 100%

I've just been reading the refeed diaries and I'm nervous and don't want to start eating that much for one day off - I'm so confused!!!
I'll have a chat to the chemist tomorrow but they have not been helpful really - I go in, get weight, pay for my shakes and go.. They don't even comment on the weight loss - just write it in their book...

Have you read how dangerous it is to drink whilst in ketosis?

Ok you may have cous cous which may take you out of it but I'm sure youre body won't be at an ideal level for you have alcohol which is why lt say atleast a week of refeeding that way you have introduced all the food groups at a steady pace.

It's down to you at the end of the day and whether you're prepared to take the risk.

Is having a day off really that important?

summergurl said:
Have you read how dangerous it is to drink whilst in ketosis?

Ok you may have cous cous which may take you out of it but I'm sure youre body won't be at an ideal level for you have alcohol which is why lt say atleast a week of refeeding that way you have introduced all the food groups at a steady pace.

It's down to you at the end of the day and whether you're prepared to take the risk.

I know ur right Tanya :)
I'm gonna get the info for the refeed tomorrow (just looked on LT website and couldn't see anything) hopefully it wont set me back to much and I'll still get to goal by start of April.

Did u get to ur goal before u started refeed? I've seen on ur diary that your calorie counting and and running a lot - u seem to have it all under control!

Do u still want to lose more weight?

Sorry for all the questions - I remember that I first started the same time as u but I never stuck to it - I wish I'd done it back then and I would have been at goal over a year ago..

I didnt have a set goal, i just wanted to lose as much as i could before my holiday which turnt out to be 6st 10 and then i thought yeah im happy with this but after having 3 holidays i decided i wanted to lose a little more so eventually lost 8st0.5 and have been happy with that so far. I dont agree with all the bmi crap etc

I would like to lose a little more but if it happens it happens. I'm training for a 1/2 marathon at the minute hence all the running but i do enjoy it and think i will carry it on after ive completed it.

Im really not keen on having weight loss goals, i think they can hinder us too much and make us a little obsessive over it.

Here's the refeed info hun:

Refeed Programme

DAY 1.

Have 2 Lipotrim servings and one meal, as follows (men continue to have 2 servings, as before, while women take 1 less serving of Lipotrim).

You may not have bread, grains (rice) or pasta until Day 4.
Fruit should wait until Day 4 at the earliest (later if you have carbohydrate problems).

You may have milk in tea/coffee.

At lunchtime or evening meal time you may have some skinless, boneless chicken breast or white fish fillet, or some skinless turkey (about 4-6ozs.) The fish or chicken may be steamed, microwaved, baked or cooked with a little water in a non-stick pan. Or you may have tuna fish in water or brine (drained). Vegetarians may use tofu or quorn.

You may also have either a moderate serving of salad (small breakfast bowl) from any of the following:
Lettuce
Cucumber
Cress
Watercress
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Onions
Peppers
Bean sprouts
Celery dressed with a little lemon juice or wine vinegar
Or if you prefer, a moderate serving (2 heaped table spoons - no more)of some cooked vegetables.

DAY 2

You will have only 1 Lipotrim serving and 2 meals, as described for Day 1.

Day 3

Same as Day 2, but you may also have - at one meal only - an 8 ounce potato, plain boiled, mashed or baked, but with no addition of any fat. You may like to top with some skimmed milk, plain yogurt or very low fat fromage frais and a sprinkle of herbs.

Day 4-7

A Lipotrim serving for your breakfast plus:

Up to 3 serving of fruit (if you suffer from the insulin resistance problem, then eat these late in the day and do not snack on them during the day)

Up to 2 slices of bread or 1 pita or 1 roll or 1 bagel (without fatty spread)

Any vegetables you want except avocado, 1 or 2 servings with your meals (2 tablespoons per serving)

A
ny of the skimmed milk products.

F
ish fillet (any size) or 6 ounces of chicken or turkey, as described before, or one tin of tuna in water or brine, drained. Vegetarians may use tofu, textured vegetable protein (TVP) or quorn.

Lean meat with all visible fat trimmed off

Low fat recipes prepared with low fat sauces - e.g. lean mince with low fat bolognese sauce

Medium baking potato or 6 small new potatoes or one serving of instant mashed potatoes (the kind with no added fat- read the label).

Instead of potato, you may have 4ozs of rice or pasta (cooked weight).

Sample menu for days 4 to 7.....

Sample 1

Breakfast: Lipotrim serving.

Lunch: Fish fillet (any type - cod, salmon etc), serving of potatoes ( 1 medium jacket or 6 new potatoes or a serving-spoon mash - no added fat) Yogurt ( low fat).

Diner: 4-6 ozs chicken (no skin), jacket potato, salad. Fruit (if appropriate) or low fat dessert.

Evening: Sandwich (no spread of any sort), consisting of: pickles, fat-free mayonnaise, salad/carrot, slice cold meat (low fat).

Snack 1 or 2 pieces of fruit (evening, if appropriate)

Sample 2

Breakfast: Lipotrim serving

Lunch: Sandwich (no spread) - any low fat filling, e.g. tuna. Bowl of salad. 2 pieces of fruit (if appropriate) or yoghurt.

Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese, consisting of drained lean mince, low fat sauce, 4 ounces cooked spaghetti or rice, serving spoon of vegetables. Low fat dessert.

Snack or Evening: Tub of very low fat fromage frais, flavoured to suit with either slices of fruit or low fat jelly crystals for a sweet option or herbs and spices with added crunchy vegetable, for a savoury snack.

Well done you've done fantastic!

Thanks for the info - Wow that's a lot of food!!!
I don't want to eat bread etc - this is something I'm going to be cutting out of my diet when I'm off LT..
I'll prob start day 1 of refeed tomorrow :)

Remember you don't have to eat it all, an 8oz potato is huge and i still never ever have that much potato. There are alternatives to bread, you can get some really nice oatcakes etc but just for refeed i'd stick to the sheet.

Hope it goes ok for you tomorrow, start a refeed diary on here might help some too :D x

Hi Tanya,

I went to the pharmacy and they didnt have a clue! They told me to just do a day of re-feed on Thursday - ready to drink on Friday..

I am following the re-feed but I'm having 2 shakes and an evening meal (like day 1) however I will have carbs on day 3 and follow this until Friday etc..

I dont want to have lunch and a main evening meal - I would rather have 2 shakes and I will be out of ketosis by friday :)

Thank you for all your advice x

Some pharmacies are usless arent they!
I think you should be ok on one meal if you are introducing carbs from sunday. Remember you dont have to eat it all, especially the reccomended 8oz pot - its huge! lol

I'm around here every day (yes i am a loser with no life lol) if you ever need anything xx

Thanks again :)

How have you been getting on this week with food?
Hope tomorrow goes ok for you :)

summergurl said:
How have you been getting on this week with food?
Hope tomorrow goes ok for you :)

Hi Tanya,
I've been doing really well - been having 2 shakes and a meal and really enjoyed it!
I came out of ketosis by wednesday, so gonna have some wine tonight :)

Got my WI this morning - I might even do another full week of day 1 re-feed?

I wasn't finishing all the food and was full and didnt want to eat anything off plan.. I did go out for a meal on Tuesday but still made good choices and drank water - I finally feel I'm getting my head around it and will maintain this time when I get to goal... Thanks for all ur help and advice!

P.S - I love ur new photo!

Awww cool, well enjoy yourself tonight hun :) Glad you have been out of ketosis for a couple of days in prep for tonight.

Sounds like your doing really well xxx

Back