advice please

Miracey

hi I'm new here. Have had great success on TFR lost 3st 9lbs in the irtst seven weeks. Had a break for five weeks and have lost 15lbs in the last two weeks.

I have three special occasions coming up over a four week period, I don't want to do a re-feed each time, what will happen if I just have a meal and go straight back on TFR:confused:

I think you already know the answer hun... the meal will drop you out of ketosis so you will set yourself back by however long it takes for your body to get back !! Have a look at some of the other threads around this "challenge" there are some great stories about how people have coped and carried on x whatever you do I wish you success, your last LT weight loss sucess shows you are amazing and could probably teach us a thing or two xxx

If you find it easy enough to get back on and you cant wriggle out of the occasions... then just eat sensibly and get straight back on!! x

Thank you both, I cannot get out of them, as one is my 50th birthday! the other is a day in London with friends we are going to see Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert, and finally a posh dinner and dance. I'm not going to go mad, and I will let you know the result. Thank you once again:):)

Hi Miracey,
I think part of your food choice will depend on whether or not you want to drink alcohol - if you stay in ketosis, alcohol can be dangerous. Some people seem to get away with it, but some get really sick. If that's what you want, then I *think* the advice generally is that you should eat carbs for a day before, but maybe someone else can clarify that.

If alcohol's not a big deal for you, then chosing sensibly might mean you barely go out of ketosis and the damage will be minimal. The main thing will be to stay away from carbs. Go for grilled meats/fish if you can, and boiled or steamed veg. Salad's good of course, as long as it's not clarted in dressing!

I assume there will be cake for your birthday, but if you must have a bit, try to avoid any icing! :)

Best of luck with it all, and enjoy yourself.
Marianne x

Hi hun,

i would just make the healthiest choice you can on the day, like people have said go towards the veg and meat and no carbs. If you do drink then that is down to you, i drink when in ketosis and im ok, but thats not to say someone else might get ill so it depends on your body. x

Back