Advice please

myrtlemoo

Hi everyone - this is likely to be long and rambling so apologies in advance!! I'm looking some advice/opinions - here's the history!

I'd been doing Cambridge SS+ since September up until about 3 weeks ago when I started picking at food because I wasn't due back for weigh in for 2 weeks. My friend was over from Wales for a visit last week and I ate all round me :( - took conscious decision to eat so didn't go for weigh in last week.

I had every intention of going back on diet on Monday but haven't and finding it hard to get my head back in the game. I'm due at CDC tonight but not sure what to do in the run up to Christmas as:

• I've a leaving do to go to next Friday
  • Have Christmas do in 3 weeks' time
  • Am likely to have a number of lunches with friends I don't see very often over the next few weeks because of the time of year
Soooooo... do I:

• knock the diet on the head until the New Year
  • have a couple of packs a day but still eat a meal
  • do an alternative until Christmas, such as Slimming World
  • any other options??
All comments welcomed - even the kick up the posterior ones :)

Help pleaseeeee!!

Trudy xx

In a conscious weight thinking mode I would go see your CDC. Tell her all of the above and then follow a higher plan til after Xmas. It is far easier to get back into diet mode of you're half way there rather than fully out of it. Also it's damage limitation.

Can you add in a bit of exercise during then next few weeks?

You're in danger of putting nearly all of the weight you've lost so far back on over the next six weeks if you abandon ship completely. (You said we could post 'kick up the posterior' posts, right? ;)) But take it from someone who's done exactly that in the past. :eek: If you don't take control over the next few weeks, that's what will happen, especially when Christmas actually hits, because by then, you'll be in a 'what the hell' mood.

Look at it this way. You've worked damn hard to lose the weight you've lost so far. Do you really want to throw that away? I think what struck me most about your post was that the events you're talking about are still some way off. You've got a leaving do next Friday - well, that's over a week away. If you get some Cambridge products from your CDC tonight and stick to SS or SS+ 100% until next Friday, you'll undo most of the damage that the last couple of weeks of picking has done. Then you'll be more in a frame of mind not to go wild when you attend that leaving do (just because there might be lots of food, it doesn't mean you have to eat it!).

Damage limitation is the key. Yes - you'll be eating out more often, most probably, but that doesn't mean you have to eat the most carb-o-rific thing on the menu or that you need to continue eating non CD for the rest of that day.

There are two ways to go - and Great Things has told you one of them - go up to a higher plan and count calories for a while until Christmas is over.

The other way to go is to eat the occasional meal but avoid carbs like the plague - and remember that the meal out is only one meal in the day - you could still have shakes for the other 2 meals (that, incidentally, is what I'm aiming to do over the next few weeks). Because it's meeting with friends that's the most important thing about those meals out you're anticipating, right? Not what you're going to eat!

Hi myrtlemoo

I totall agree with Lily & great things. I wasn't going to start CD until after Xmas, but knew if I did that I'd just have further to go!!
STAY with it, eat only the 2 or 3 planned social meals (protein choices). I find when (I especially) start looking for excuses to give the VLC diet the slip it gets very hard to get restarted again.
Good luck! ;)

Back