Advice please ;)

Beckymac

Hi, I'm thinking of starting and was just reading all the info, i think I'll do the simplicity plan. It says the vegetables are optional, will it affect my loss if I eat the 200g a day? Is it better to omit or does it not make a difference??

Also, I can't decide what to choose as my four a day. I was thinking porridge for breakfast, 2 meals and a shake (not sure the bars will be filling enough) Is there a combination that works well for you?

Any advice/tips before I make my first order???

Thanks all!

I would suggest ordering the starter pack so you can taste 28 different items. It means that you can order what you like and what works for you. We're all so different, and it would be terrible to be stuck with something that you really didn't want to eat. Good luck!

I was planning on doing that originally but there are too many choices that I just don't fancy and I'm thinking of not bothering with the bars. Are they filling?

I've found the bars ok for filling me up. They're nice and easy to have on the run or for a mid-day or evening snack. Some people cut them into small pieces to make them last longer, but really once you're in ketosis you aren't really going to feel hungry as long as what you eat doesn't have too many carbs. There were items on the list of things that I didn't fancy, but was surprised at how nice they tasted. I haven't had anything that I wouldn't eat again. I can't say that's true on the other VCLDs I've tried. And I don't believe that having the veg allowance does make a difference, but I'll let you know when I weigh in tomorrow.

I personally stay away from bars as they are to moorish and I don't trust myself. I'm not keen on porridge. I just stick to shakes and alternate between 3 shakes and a home cooked meal or just 4 shakes. But yes try a few different products and see which you prefer.

Personally I don't do bars or shakes - they don't fill me up at all.
I have a porridge for breakfast, soup for lunch and double evening meal pack and it works for me... You need to experiment as everyone is different - find what suits you. :) Have a go with the taster pack and see how you feel.

As for 200g of vegetables - they will not affect your weight loss - calorie content is too insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Hope this helps.

x

I love the taste of the shakes especially chocolate, in first week no didn't fill me up but once in ketosis I,m not hungry anyway.

I like the porridge, I dont actually eat a breakfast pack usually but porridge is a good way to start.

I might be too late on your first order, but I would agree with getting a variety. when its really warm and sunny I really fancy a nice cold shake but today ive been huddled with a blanket having everything warm!
started my day today with a cottage pie! just to mix it up! and just now had a chocolate shake warmed up -tasted like highlights hot choc!

Im not actually keen on the bars, throughout LL I finished every day with a bar and a cup of tea and since that diet I learned loads of new habits but one habit I couldnt shake off was ending the day with something sweet (usually a chocolate bar!) so I think its really true when they say eating too many bars doesnt promote healthy habits.

Today I started my day with a 2 egg omelette with broccoli, hummy and 3 choc shakes, well not had last one yet. But no not hungry anymore. Make sure you drink 2/3 litres water per day I also use 200ml lite soya milk for tea and coffees. Soya milk is very low in carbs and cals compared to skimmed milk. Good luck. X

Great thanks! I'm going to start in a week as have family visiting next week and lots of meals planned. Is there anything I can do to prepare? Eat less food I guess lol!

Also, i wanted to know if I can have powdered sweetener in porridge?

It's probably a good idea to wait until your visitors have left. It means that you can get your head entirely into the diet, rather than thinking about feeding everyone else and denying yourself. To prepare yourself, I would suggest reducing your carbs. It will make it easier to enter ketosis and therefore you won't be hungry for as long at the beginning of the diet. Powdered sweeteners have carbs in them as bulking agents so they're not allowed. If you add a tablet sweetener, which is permitted to the water, it should do the trick if you find the porridge isn't sweet enough on it's own. Good luck!

Soya milk is very low in carbs and cals compared to skimmed milk. Good luck. X
I didnt realise this! we have soy at work too, soy flat white tomorrow morn methinks!

Yes try and start to reduce carbs now. That will help a lot when you start and just try and get in the right frame of mind and why you are doing this. Be prepared in advance. Try and make sure if possible no bad foods around in first week and plan it for a wk when nothing is going on. In the first week you may have headaches, mood swings, fatigue and carb cravings. I used to have early nites if that is possible.

Back