Advice please

flutterbyuk25

Hey all

Bear with me, it's a tad complicated.

As some of you may know I intended on changing SW classes this week. So last Mon at old group WI I took my WI form with me, my old consultant was on hols (and still is this week) so have not spoken with her.

My grandfather passed away last week, funeral was yday.

I was to join a Tues class but as we had people staying with us for funeral weds I did not feel up to going to WI.

I have tried ringing the new Tues class consultant since last Friday (got no off SW website) but had no answer and left 2 messages explaining my situation. Still no reply.

I then intended on going to the new class next week, but I now have to be in London for work on the Tues next week, the week after that I am working away all week (residential trip so no way to go to WI), the week after I am on hols in Canada, and the week that after I am going to see Take That on the Tues night!!

So I am unable to WI at new class on Tues for next 4 weeks! I can make another class for WI on only one of the 4 weeks.

So, what do I do? I want to stay on SW, but not pay for missed weeks.

I'm thinking I should just try stick to the diet myself, then rejoin (and have to pay joining fee again) in 5 weeks time.

But would I then lose my awards gained already? I have half stone, and just 2lbs to stone.

Any advice?

TIA

x

I'd give the new consultant a ring again -she might be on holiday or something - or see if you can find an area contact who would know.

She may let you rejoin in 5 weeks, but so long as you maintained keep your original awards?

Firstly I'd like to offer my sympathies for your loss.

Well, from what I can remember from going to the groups is that you can have 4 weeks holiday if you tell them in advance. So when you go to your new group you could talk face to face and explain the situation; that you've tried to leave her messages etc..

This being said it might be easier to re-join rather than risk paying for all the missed weeks due to bad communication on their part.

I don't see why you can't keep your awards so long as you sts or loose at the next WI you are able to attend. The other advantage of re-joining is that your holiday counter would be back to 0.

Most consultants are reasonable, understanding people so prehaps all that is needed is a little chat :)

Thanks both.

I've tried ringing her again and still no answer! It's really frustrating. Not sure if the SW helpline is open today but will have a look and try them.

I'll try to update when I have an outcome

x

Are there any other groups, on different nights, nearby that you could attend for those few weeks? If all you're doing is getting weighed..

Back