Advice re: syns online calculator needed please!

libra77

Silver Member
I have eaten a Morrisons Pasta and Sauce Creamy Mushroom flavour for lunch. I have tried to find the syns online but it is not listed. So I headed to the calculator for the 1st time and became quickly confused!

My issue is that the nutritional information on the pack includes the semi skimmed milk and is based on the cooked weight. How do I relate this into the calculator? The cooked weight is going to be a lot different from the packet weight of 110g and I didn't weigh it. Also I was going to use the milk as part of my HEXA so how does this work?

Any suggestions? Grateful for any advice received. :)

Hmm... don't know - are you sure it doesn't also give the nutritional information (dried)? Most of the other brands do - it's unusual if it doesn't!

Some Tips for SynCalculator

Hiya,

1. If in doubt, 20 kcal=1syn (I reverse engineered the calculator)
2. HEXA are typically 6 syns (x 20 = 120kcal) so subtract 120 cal i using HEXA
3. Treat yourself to a Saltre Nutri-Weigh & Go scale (in Excess sometimes has them for small money) it tells you everything! weight, kcal, you name it! There is a food database in the scale so it 'thinks' up the nutrition info for you.

Hope this is helpful,

The 20 calories to 1 syn guide won't work for this because the pasta is eligible for a free food allowance. Probably best to phone the synline for a definitive answer but come back and tell us all what they say.

Hi I've just checked, if you type Morrisons into the manufacturer section, then "pasts a & sauce" in the keywords, it's listed on the second page.

Hope this helps

Back