Advice required-how many cals to maintain???

JodieJoJo

Silver Member
My weight loss is really really slow now. I've had one week on 1000 and i shall continue on this step to lose the last few pounds. Ideally I'd like to lose another 5 - 8lbs.

What I need to know is at the end of my journey how many calories will i be able to eat without putting on any weight? (i'm 5ft 4)

If you're completely sedentary you'd need about 1500 calories at 9 stone. More if you're more active. How much activity do you do?

Great idea to go up the plans to lose thre last 5-8lb as your body will then be refilling your glycogen store and so when you start to eat normally you'll not have a gain from eating carbs. Go up to 1200 and 1500 and stay on any plan until you are happy. A woman needs 2000 cals a day but a lot of my clients who have successfully stayed at target keep to a 1500 cal plan during the week and then don't count cals at the weekend - allowing themnselves a take away, bottle of wine etc.

Good luck on losing the last few pounds and maintaining!

Thanks guys.

I'm not that active at the moment although i am trying to exercise more as i need to tone up a few wobbly bits!

Thats a good idea about following 1500 during the week and then having a few treats at the weekend - i think i could cope with that!:D

Back