Advice & severe kick up the booty needed!

212degrees

112lbs lost - 28 to go!
Ok. Here goes the confession... I've been awful for the past couple of weeks. Not stuffing my face every day but either having something good but not TS (like chicken, tuna or cheese) or a few bad days involving takeaway or big bad foods (although in much smaller portions than I ever thought I would cope with). So, this is me, creeping back in with my head hung and tail between my legs and hoping I can get back to it. Luckily I seem yo gave hovered around the same mark on the scales. Here's my problem(s);
1. I'm away on holiday in 2 weeks and 3 days for a week. Not sticking to exante but will aim to make sensible choices and swim and walk lots. I was hoping to lose some more before I go though...
2. I'm going home to visit my friends and family next weekend and meals have been booked etc so was expecting a gain
3. I'm quite happy to hover where I am until I get back from holiday, although I would love to lose a few pounds before I go, but I'm really worried I'm going to continuously fall off the wagon and then beat myself up about it!
I don't know where my willpower has gone. Up until 2 weeks ago I was golden, 100% and found it so easy to stick to and now I am early struggling!

Does anyone have any advice at all?! I know it's all down to me but if anyone can offer advice or support so I don't feel like such a failure i'd really appreciate it! :S

Hi there,

I think if I were in your shoes with all that's coming up for you over the next couple of weeks I'd take a complete break from exante and try and stick with a sensible diet. Maybe look at south beach... Once the holiday is over you can start back again.

Leese

I think you should look at the positive you have successfully maintained! That's an achievement in itself :)
I think you just need to decide if you want to maintain til after the hols? If you decide you really want to lose a few more lbs then that should give you the motivation :)
Just remember maintaining in itself is good :)
Good luck x

Ok. Here goes the confession... I've been awful for the past couple of weeks. Not stuffing my face every day but either having something good but not TS (like chicken, tuna or cheese) or a few bad days involving takeaway or big bad foods (although in much smaller portions than I ever thought I would cope with). So, this is me, creeping back in with my head hung and tail between my legs and hoping I can get back to it. Luckily I seem yo gave hovered around the same mark on the scales. Here's my problem(s);
1. I'm away on holiday in 2 weeks and 3 days for a week. Not sticking to exante but will aim to make sensible choices and swim and walk lots. I was hoping to lose some more before I go though...
2. I'm going home to visit my friends and family next weekend and meals have been booked etc so was expecting a gain
3. I'm quite happy to hover where I am until I get back from holiday, although I would love to lose a few pounds before I go, but I'm really worried I'm going to continuously fall off the wagon and then beat myself up about it!
I don't know where my willpower has gone. Up until 2 weeks ago I was golden, 100% and found it so easy to stick to and now I am early struggling!

Does anyone have any advice at all?! I know it's all down to me but if anyone can offer advice or support so I don't feel like such a failure i'd really appreciate it! :S

I have been thinking about this - in my view - I would just stop for now and go for fresh start after your holidays.
GSQ

Thanks for the replies, gonna give it a jit of thought and work out what will be best. I hate feeling like a failure but will try and look at it as more of a AAM week or 2 till I go away and just make the best choices I can at the weekend. Back to it when I'm back from Greece and I should still be able to hit my goal (2.5 stone to lose) by my birthday in December. That would be awesome. Fingers crossed I don't screw this up :S

It often helps to stop anyway - then when you are ready = go for it. TS and then you will make it.
Good luck, its not easy but it works.
GSQ

You have lost over 100lbs, that's fantastic, you're certainly not a failure!

Wow!! However you feel, please don't feel like a failure.

I'm very new to all of this, so don't really understand how you are feeling, so not the best person to give advice!! But, I have been reading through alot of the threads on here and you guys have all inspired me so much. I start TS on Friday and while I'm looking forward to the new slimmer me, I am dreading the road I have to take to get there. It's thanks to all you guys that I will do it.

Sorry! Very long winded....just wanted to say that it's amazing the lbs you have lost already. No harm in taking a wee break and coming back into it with a clear mind and renewed belief in the products and yourself. :)

Thanks guys! I keep forgetting how far I've come, still go for the size 20/22 clothes without thinking. I think you're all right. I can have a week or two and call it maintenance rather than off, then back on it 100% after I've enjoyed my holibobs. And almostmrswoods once you're heads in it, it can be the easiest thing in the world, it's certainly one of the beat decisions I've ever made. I think my problem the last few weeks has been staying away from the forum! Lol! I honestly believe it keeps me honest and on track! So much support so thank you! X

Thanks guys! I keep forgetting how far I've come, still go for the size 20/22 clothes without thinking. I think you're all right. I can have a week or two and call it maintenance rather than off, then back on it 100% after I've enjoyed my holibobs. And almostmrswoods once you're heads in it, it can be the easiest thing in the world, it's certainly one of the beat decisions I've ever made. I think my problem the last few weeks has been staying away from the forum! Lol! I honestly believe it keeps me honest and on track! So much support so thank you! X

WELL DONE! It does take time for head to catch up with your body - like others when I ironing I wonder whose clothes are these - size 12 / 14 - its weird.
I agree this forum has kept me sane throughout - and it fills in time I am tempted to eat.

I agree its all about getting your head in the right place - being clear that losing weight is more important than anything - for now. Holidays, eating at social events, drinking then - define your goals and try to imagine what it will feel like when you are there. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! for me. This is what I did, - I started to believe I could do it. I can, I am and and I will.
I hope it goes well for you.
GSQ

Back