Advice? :)

pride&respect

Hello all, this week I have totally messed up :cry: so not looking to get a loss this week.. but thats ok as long as I dont put anything on.. anyway I get depression every now and then and I just find myself having to eat.. I try not to but its the only way that sort of makes me feel better, then I regret it after.. Just wondered what you guys do when your feeling a bit down..? I cant seem to break this habit :(

Hi
I'm sorry you've been feeling depressed. Turning to food is something that (probably) all of us on here have done - that's why we're here. You need to get your head in the right place for Lipotrim to work though. You really can't eat whilst on the programme - it is part of the de-programming we need. If you really really really need to eat, maybe you should consider another diet? One or two people are changing to Cambridge Diet which allows one (small, lo cal) meal a day. It might just be enough to keep you going. It would be much better (for your health as much as anything) to stick to one regime fully than keep going on and off Lipotrim.
You could also think about asking your doctor about Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. It sounds scary but can really help with dealing with what are real addictions.

These are really important issues you are dealing with - so good luck, and I really hope you find something that works for you.

Jon

Thanks :) I can go without the food any other time and I really want to do this! Just need to reprogramme my mind to not want to eat when im feeling down lol. It doesnt help when I listen to people who disagree with this diet.. and like to share their opinions (which is ok just doesnt help) Ahh well will see how next week goes I suppose and try to get back on track :) x

Hi,
I found it really helped to write down why I was doing Lipotrim and what I can hope to achieve afterwards - when I start to feel down, I get my list out and read it over and over.
I've also written down how uphappy being this weight has made me feel, and how it's stopped me doing so many things!
When you are feeling depressed and want to turn to food, jump on here and tell us! I know from experience, everyone will try and support you, and it's certainly saved me a couple of times!!
As Jon above says, it would be a good idea to talk to your doctor given your previous relationship with food.
Don't be hard on yourself, you've taken a huge step in the right direction, be proud of that. It's not going to be easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is!
We are all with you on this!

Hi
I totally sympathise, something Lipotrim is teaching me is just how much my life revolved around food.
I do feel a little bit as if my life is on hold at the moment, can't go out for a meal with hubby, can't go away for the weekend (feels a waste lol!)

BUT, like Dunders, at bad times I think about why I want to be slim. For me, I go to gigs and festivals, I don't want to be the 'bigger girl' any more, I want to be 'normal' sized!! I want to bounce around without my tummy/arms/boobs jangling about!

I do liken it to an early mid life crisis (I'm 33!). Having spent most of my 20's over weight I'm damned if most of my 30's are going to go the same way.

I have and still do suffer with depression, I came off Prozac late last year and so far managing ok but not great (I am very difficult to live with Idon't know how my OH puts up with me...)

Anyway I've rambled on about me, but I did want to post and say I know how you feel, be determined, set that goal and keep it there, you can do it :)

Hi respect Im starting Lipotrim tomorrow, im no expert, but ive heard that you can split the packs so you get 2 shakes instead of one, you could ask your pharmacist. You would have an extra shake to pick at then.
Im sorry you get these feelings, its the carbs in food that make you feel happy but its also the carbs that make you put weight on.
Like I say I dont start this diet till tomorrow so I dont know how im going to be, maybes we can help each other coz I know im going to struggle the first few days, I have a long way to go and need to stick to this.
Lisa xxxx

Hi Lisa
Welcome to Lipotrim - you've made a great choice of diet if you've a fair bit to lose, so all the best with it. The first step is to make absolutely sure that you really WANT it to work. Stick to the rules (to the letter!!!) and it will work for you. There are loads of "helpful" suggestions in improving the taste of shakes and things but their blandness is part of the de-programming that is necessary for us to become less obsessed with food. As far as I know the only permissable additive to shakes is coffee (to vanilla or chocolate). Splitting is probably OK (as long as you make each half up fresh) but best to stick to full ones if you can. Mousses make a change - read the bag carefully though, and ask on here if you need any help.

All the best

Jon
xx

Thanks all... Its nothing to do with food why i get down.. more a stupid ex LOL but i think i may just write down why im doing this and stick it on my fridge along with a pic, kinda hoping im not gonna feel down for a while :) xx

Good luck Pride, im sure you can do it and thanks for welcome dunlop, I really want this to work and more so now that my hubbys just phoned me to say he has booked a holiday to Turkey for August, So for aswell as doing this diet for my health, I need to get into a bikini now. Im going to pharmacy in the morning so hopefully start tomorrow, really excited looking at all the weight loss on this site.
I read about putting coffee into shakes, that sounds great as im a coffee addict lol.

If im a size 14 for my hols ill be happy :)
Lisa xxx

Looks like your head is in the right place Lisa - but don't do LT just for a holiday. It's great to have a goal in mind but don't forget this isn't a "quick fix". If you use it properly it will set you up for LIFE and end the feast/famine diet treadmill most of us have spent years on.

You'll do fine - but brace yourself for a rough 3-4 weeks, then after that you'll feel better than you've ever felt in your life!!
Jon
xx

Comfort eating is a big problem for me too!!

Just think of how you feel now.. Did it honestly make you feel better??

Learn from it and use it has your weapon next time the comfort eating demon pops up!!

Back