Advise needed

FatsnoFun

Hi,

I am 30 years old and have a disability that affects my mobility. I am 19.6 stone and 5.10 in height. I have been trying to lose weight for my wedding in 5 months time.

I am very large on my top have with a waist or 55inches. I don’t want to lose it all at once (though it would be nice lol) I need some advice on what foods to avoid and
If the gym or cycling on my bike (outdoors) which would be best and also what weight exercises I could do to tone my chest area? Also would a personal trainer be
any good or not? Many thanks in advance

Fats No Fun

Welcome FatsnoFun:welcome:

If you were looking for fast weight loss where you lose around a stone a month then I would point you in the direction of a food replacement diet...but this is hardcore and not for everyone.

Best thing is to have a look around the forums and see what will fit in with your lifestyle and will suit you.

As for exercise, I would recommend running it by your doctor first to see your are healthy enough to begin exercising for if you have not done it in a long time you would need to take it gently to start with and if you do decide on a diet you could get his advice about starting it.

Swimming is an excellent exercise and good for someone who has not done much in the past as it is gentle and good for the lungs... as is walking and riding your bike.

I bought a set of weights in Argos and I use them for chest exercise and my bingo wings... if you look up YouTube you will find some very good videos for the upper body.

Whether joining a gym or using a personal trainer that would really be an individual choice...

I guess if I had the money I would go for a personal trainer...as I would love the one on one attention:D

Have you a lot to organise for your big day or are you all sorted?

hi and :welcome: to the boards. Mini's advice above echoes what I was going to say!

Good luck on your weight loss journey

Back