Advise on eating out at pubs.

PandaNate

Silver Member
So guys, I eat out a lot, sometimes we 'don't' have too, others I have to for my job so would love some advise on how you feel you'd get around the calorie thing.

Like this Saturday, I am assigned to go to a pub meal, we've been invited for a meal at Brewers Fayre Sunday night after i finish work (work is very physical so hopefully earn some cals in exercise), we have a free voucher for Beefeaters which we need to use by Wednesday so going for a family dinner Monday, thats 3 meals in 3 days, then 2 weeks later we have another assignment at a Nandos so if you know these pubs.

Lets have a discussion what best to eat :) If there isn't another thread for this, perhaps those doing the same thing (having a meal soon) could get help here too?

So meals
Green King Pub.
Brewers Fayre
Beefeater
Nandos :)

My advice is to join a calorie counting site/app like myfitnesspal. It's free. There are a lot of meals included on their data base like the ones you listed. If not you can add it, most pubs list cals anyway. You can also put in what kind of job you have, active, very active etc. And then how much you want to lose a week. And away you go. It tells you how many cals you can eat a day. It breaks it all down for you either daily or weekly. So if you have a splurge day you can pull it back another day and still be on track.

Already on it ;) I will check on the database to see if they have the meals on the menu :)

My fitness pal tends to have all different calories for the same meal. It's good your going to chain restaurants as they have the nutritional info online so u can pick what u want before hand and be sure of the cals x

Went to a eating inn tonight. Had the garlic and lemon chicken, says 466, we couldn't find any information online for it, only one of those on mfp.
It was a chicken breast, small, new potatoes and salad, dressing on the side.
Brewers fayre tomorrow.

Beefeaters was a struggle as everything is quite high, I did end up going over but am trying to save a little every day to even the week out and work out.

I had Weatherspoons today and had a Moz, tomato and pesto pinini, should of gone with salad but ended up having chips... however I've noticed I'm having things I wouldn't usually order and discovering new foods and they're better than my old choices in taste.

On mfp, it says what cals you have over the week, so I'm like 1600 a day and 10000 a week (this like my daily cals added up obv, not extras like ww and sw have) so if I still stay under that, it shouldn't bother my weight too much. Lost 3lb this week.

I'm going for lunch with my sister on Friday but she isn't sure where she wants to go so I'm unsure on what to research!

Aye thats what I added to mfp... wasnt the best choice but they weren't good for low cal veggy opitions I liked... chips were a mistake, tasteless oven chips.

Back