advise please!!!

emma2711

I'm relatively new here and have been doing the cambridge diet for just over a week and had 1 slip up but been on track for 5 days and my weight is fluctuating!!!

I need to lose about 8 stone and according to my scales as of yesterday I had lost 6lbs and today lost a further 3 I know I shouldn't keep weighing but tonight I've apparently put on 5lb how is this possible on 4 shakes a day???

I'm drinking plenty of water and last night before going to bed I was 3lb lighter than I am tonight!

Thanks in advance

Hey Emma...

Welcome, and congrats on your losses so far! :)

Dont panic about the funny night time fluctuations in weight hunny. Our bodies are weird & wonderful things and some (like mine, and looks like maybe yours too!) have natural fluctuations, more so than others.

If you have stuck to plan (apart from the little blip), there's no way you've gained! It's most likely just the water... A litre if water weighs 2lbs so if you've had a lot to drink today then there's your lbs right there!

I am a habitual weigher too, every day... But only in the mornings, with an empty stomach. Try and stick to that routine yourself and avoid a night time weigh in! You just stick to plan and let your body do it's thing... It can't fail, it's a physical impossibility!!

Onwards and downwards hunny, and congrats for sticking to it do far... It's tough but you've clearly got what's required to succeed! :)

Xx

Thank you for your reply :) I have had about 3 litres today so if thats right I will be looking at a 2lb loss in the morning!!
Where I have failed so many times on different diets I'm convinced the same is going to happen and I find it really hard to lose as I've got pcos.

Where does the water go overnight lol!!!

Aww hey Emma... Yup, bet those 3 litres are the culprit... Plus the weight of the 4 shakes, after all, anything that weighs something on the outside will weigh the same once in our insides!! It's unavoidable! ;)

I failed on many diets before doing a shakes only plan and have never looked back! You're gonna smash it this time, the losses both in inches and lbs will keep you motivated... Your PCOS may slow them down but you'll still see amazing results, I'm sure. x

As for where all that water/weight goes over night... Well, that's one of those big mysteries I guess!! Lol... Sometimes I wonder where my 5 stone actually went, but I've looked under the bed and it's not there, so who knows! Whoever does have it, well, they can keep it!! Lol... ;)

Xx

I hear ya Emma!! Feel exactly the same hun... But you've not gained, just weighed yourself at the wrong time of day... ;)

And whatever the scales even say in the morning, yur weight is on its way down, it's a certainty on this kind of weight loss plan. So just hang in there... You know yourself, that the reason we are only meant to weigh ourselves once a week is because our weight can go up and down. So for people like us who like to jump on the scales every day, just need to not get too obsessed with the odd random gain or STS, because they're just our bodies taking a sec to catch up or whatever. Large quick losses can shock our bodies a bit so it hangs on to some lbs for a day or 2, then 'gives in' and relinquishes them after all! Lol...

Just stay positive and focused. You'll be done and dusted before you know it as long as you don't faff and just say on plan. :D

Thanks for the lovely comment by the way. I still go up and down a bit, and on Exante at the moment to shift a few holiday lbs so I know the struggle. But I'm focused, and so are you... So it's all good! :)

Xx

Thanks I'm a lb down from my last post haha :D I've got a wedding next weekend and I know if I've lost alot I'll want to stay on plan if not I know I'll want to eat and drink wine! Just got to stay focused and feel ok at the mo literally had that 1 slip up which was for a carb grrr good luck xx

Back