After 16 weeks people don't recognise me

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Sean(JSF), 24 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Sean(JSF)

Sean(JSF) Making it all add up

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(36.36%)
    Diet:
    Finished - Lighter Life
    Now, I know I've lost a lot of weight very quickly (7 stone in 16 weeks), and I appreciate that has had a profound effect on the way I look, but this is really getting daft.

Over the past 2 days I've been to 2 big work & networking events. At both of these I've struggled to be recognised by people I know quite well. Yesterday a number of business contacts that I've known for years didn't come over to say hello to me, and it wasn't until I introduced myself that they knew who I was!!!

But what's even more interesting is that twice, some of my business partners (yes, people I see every couple of days/weeks), walked straight past me in the street not having recognised me!!!

Again this morning the same thing happened at a networking event - still it has given me a brilliant way to start conversations with people. LOL

Whilst I can understand people who haven't seen me since losing the weight being taken by surprise, I can only assume that the last 2 weeks' losses have all be from around my head/face, otherwise the people I work with should know better.

Now, I'm not complaining, in fact I've really enjoyed the attention (apart from one fool who wondered if I was ill), just surprised as I'm still me, to me!

Last edited: 24 April 2009
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    There is a huge difference in your March and April photos!

I have had that a couple of times, people walk right past....then when you say something, I love seeingtheir stunned reactions!! :D

4. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    Your face has changed a lot Sean, as has the rest of you! (for the better, obviously!) and I guess that even people you see every day will probably take some time to get adjusted to it.

I know for a fact that the "stored image" I have of a lot of people isn't 100% accurate, and if they are 'remembering' you how you were before then they might well walk right past you!

Just take it as a compliment I'd say :D

5. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    the same has happened to me today at a big department meeting
    and my boss ignored me in the kitchen at work the other day too
    great isn't it!
    daisy x

6. Sean(JSF)

Sean(JSF) Making it all add up

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(36.36%)
    Diet:
    Finished - Lighter Life
    Awesome Daisy, if a little disconcerting at first lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.