After 16 weeks people don't recognise me

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Sean(JSF), 24 April 2009 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Sean(JSF)

Sean(JSF) Making it all add up

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(36.36%)
    Diet:
    Finished - Lighter Life
    Now, I know I've lost a lot of weight very quickly (7 stone in 16 weeks), and I appreciate that has had a profound effect on the way I look, but this is really getting daft.

Over the past 2 days I've been to 2 big work & networking events. At both of these I've struggled to be recognised by people I know quite well. Yesterday a number of business contacts that I've known for years didn't come over to say hello to me, and it wasn't until I introduced myself that they knew who I was!!!

But what's even more interesting is that twice, some of my business partners (yes, people I see every couple of days/weeks), walked straight past me in the street not having recognised me!!!

Again this morning the same thing happened at a networking event - still it has given me a brilliant way to start conversations with people. LOL

Whilst I can understand people who haven't seen me since losing the weight being taken by surprise, I can only assume that the last 2 weeks' losses have all be from around my head/face, otherwise the people I work with should know better.

Now, I'm not complaining, in fact I've really enjoyed the attention (apart from one fool who wondered if I was ill), just surprised as I'm still me, to me!

Last edited: 24 April 2009
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    There is a huge difference in your March and April photos!

I have had that a couple of times, people walk right past....then when you say something, I love seeingtheir stunned reactions!! :D

4. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    Your face has changed a lot Sean, as has the rest of you! (for the better, obviously!) and I guess that even people you see every day will probably take some time to get adjusted to it.

I know for a fact that the "stored image" I have of a lot of people isn't 100% accurate, and if they are 'remembering' you how you were before then they might well walk right past you!

Just take it as a compliment I'd say :D

5. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    the same has happened to me today at a big department meeting
    and my boss ignored me in the kitchen at work the other day too
    great isn't it!
    daisy x

6. Sean(JSF)

Sean(JSF) Making it all add up

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(36.36%)
    Diet:
    Finished - Lighter Life
    Awesome Daisy, if a little disconcerting at first lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.