After all ths time, do we deserve ......

Lindam

Silver Member
... to feel pleased with our successes no matter how big or small??

Does anyone feel guilty that they have taken control for once in their lives - to put themselves at the top of the order of things for maybe the first time in many a year?

I personally think that yes - we should all be extremely proud of anything that we achieve for ourselves, it could be smaller numbers on the scales, tape measure or getting into smaller clothing. It could even be completing an exercise challenge, or learning to cook something different.

Mixed in with all this 'feeling pleased' with ourselves comes the guilty questions: Do I deserve this, I am putting my needs first? Perhaps it would be better to go back to my old ways as they were what everyone else expects me to be like? Will anyone like the way I am now, and might I change if I get to my goal and no one will recognise me?

This really is a very emotional journey and anything we feel along the way is all natural, we are not alone. So many of us get distracted and some will take a different path - but for those of us that make a conscious decision to continue with SW know deep down that this is the time for us, this is the right thing to do now.

Thank you for listening to me blubbering away earlier..and understanding..

But what you have said here kinda sums it all up :D

Well as I don't have kids and it's only me and Mr Taz I don't think I would have the same 'guilt' as you might but I don't think you should feel guilty at all for putting yourself first. SW fits nicely into any family life and your kids will benefit from a fitter and healthier you.

And yes, when I think about it I am proud of my success

I am proud of myself - I think the kids are benefiting too....

Fits in well and kids like what I eat...

Yh so all good here!! Well said hun! x

Back