After excercising

debtin

Gold Member
does anyone else feel as though its ok to eat what you want? not sure why (maybe its hormonal) but after doing 30 day shred past few times its as if i give myself the green light to eat. Did it there and was shaking inside that i ate couple sqares of chococlate. As if my blood sugar levels are low. I know excercisng isnt a way out of not following plan so what can i do to retrain my brain? anyone else the same?

debtin said:
does anyone else feel as though its ok to eat what you want? not sure why (maybe its hormonal) but after doing 30 day shred past few times its as if i give myself the green light to eat. Did it there and was shaking inside that i ate couple sqares of chococlate. As if my blood sugar levels are low. I know excercisng isnt a way out of not following plan so what can i do to retrain my brain? anyone else the same?

Hiya, I'm no expert but the "shakes" you describe were probably because of low sugars but this isn't a green light to munch chocolate (unless of course you have syns and want to!)

The sugars your body need are actually from carbs - try having a pasta dish about 1-2 hours before or if you only have 10-15 mins a banana/handful of seeds/nuts. You need the energy from them to get through the exercise and ensure you are hydrated.

I find that when I have done the shred a glass of water and a piece of fruit will suffice and don't reach for the naughties :) HTH xx

debtin said:

Hey

I'm doing the 30DS too and I usually can't touch food until at least 30mins after it, but I never feel as if I want to eat something off plan. What I do may be useful to you though. I make up something to eat before I start the shred, so a salad with cold meat or chopped fruit, then it's there in the fridge for when I'm finished and feel like eating. Maybe if you did that you wouldn't feel like eating something synful because you'd have a SW snack already prepared?

It could be that you need to eat before you exercise - say half an hour to an hour before, so that after it you don't feel hungry and wont give yourself that green light to have a 'treat'.

If you have the shakes then your blood sugars are low, yes. The way to avoid it is to make sure you eat some slow-release carbs an hour or two BEFORE you exercise so your body has something to access. Its not really about training your brain, you do need to have sugars in your blood for your body to access for 'instant energy' if you like.

If you have got the shakes do have a bit of sugar of some sort though, it can be dangerous not to - if you are shaking your body is telling you it needs sugar NOW. Hopefully this wont happen if you make sure you've eaten properly long enough before you start exercising, but if it does its totally fine to have a square of chocolate if you need to - but a better option is bananas, they're pretty quick release.

If it happens a lot even though your eating properly before exercising see your GP, but Im sure youll be fine as long as youre not starving beforehand :)

Thank ladies - Evilpenguin i am in the thread with you and will be doing what you do with the fruit/salad. It is too easy to grab someting that will sort out the rush like choc but thats a better idea. Normally i have dinner then at least 1.5-2 hrs later i do dvd but today it was spur of the moment whilst my son wasnt here. Have sore head now so must be hunger, thanks again eveyone, away to make dinner x

I read somewhere taht you should eat 30 min-1 hour before exercise and then after exercise eat fruit, carbohydrate and keep yourself hydrated. The fruit will give you the sugar boost you need. After 2 hours you can eat protein and nuts.
Today, I went for a long walk and after got back wanted to eat and eat. so I looked on the internet to see why I felt like that and what I should eat after exercise and got the above answer. I had an apple and then followed with a vegetable soup I had made (my lunch).

Found this on another thread so can't take credit for it but knew the info was on here:

In the Holland and Barrett mag it has The ultimate fit-food guide.

Countdown to exercise fuelling your workouts.

Got two hours---Sit down to a carb based meal.
Got an hour---Have a smaller but substantial meal such as porridge or wholegrain cereal.
Got half an hour---Oat based cereal bar,a slice of toast with peanut butter,a rice cake with hummous,a banana,a handful of nuts and seeds.
Got 10 mins---A small handful of dried fruit,half a banana,a fruit yoghurt,a handful of berries.

After exercising is one of the few times that I don't want sweet stuff. I tend to crave stir fried chicken and veg with lots of soy sauce in it afterwards. Very boring, but I'm so pleased that's what I want because it doesn't really matter if I actually have it.

I don't want to eat at all after exercise, it makes me feel sick and bloated when I have to refuel with water :/ x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Cottage cheese is a good one as well - great source of protein and the fat free stuff is free on all plans.

alwyn said:
Cottage cheese is a good one as well - great source of protein and the fat free stuff is free on all plans.

Be careful as not all the fat free cottage cheeses are free-only the natural one is definitely free-some of the flavoured ones are synful :)

i always try to eat a banana after a workout. Makes me feel human again!!!!!

Drink lots of water before, during and after as well. Stay hydrated!

xxx

Be careful as not all the fat free cottage cheeses are free-only the natural one is definitely free-some of the flavoured ones are synful :)

Thanks hun, I only eat the natural one so tend to forget about the flavoured ones! :D

I love the Asda one with black pepper, or the one with chilli (but that one has a couple of syns - worth it though).

Thanks for the cottage cheese idea - love it with cucumber.

I get the opposite feeling after exercise, though i tend to have a nana or another piece of fruit before i work out, or a shot of juice(syned obviously), if i do crave things, its generally, very fresh tasting fruits and veggies and lots of water.

But i can see where your coming from op, so perhaps just make sure you got a supply of tasty food afterwards, which is all on plan or perhaps use your sysn for those moments

Back