After this weight is gone - question

Mrs Pink

Banned
One thing that really depresses/hacks me off :mad: is the thought that I am going to have to be careful about what I eat for the rest of my life if I want to keep weight off.:sigh::sigh::sigh: But why should that be?

If, as I understand, the average woman needs 2000kcal a day to maintain her weight - once I have finished CD by doing SS, could I just go straight on to eating whatever I liked so long as it totalled 2000Kcal a day, and not gain? If not, why not? (it's not FAIR....!!!):cry:

Im only at the start of my journey but this is something that worries me as well.

I think 2000cal is about right but you are very tall so you may get away with a bit more. Also depends how active you are I think.

I do think it is wise to try to work through the maintenance phases of the diet first though. Otherwise your body is not going to know what has hit it after months of near starvation, and also to help you get used to eating healthily and increasing calories gradually.

I think your 2000cal could be made up of whatever you want, but obviously the healthier you eat, the more you can have.

once I have finished CD by doing SS, could I just go straight on to eating whatever I liked so long as it totalled 2000Kcal a day, and not gain? If not, why not? (it's not FAIR....!!!):cry:

You will need to go through the plans. Some of your weightloss will be due to the reduced glycogen store. As you go through the plans you will gradually increase your carbs to replenish it. This will make you put on weight, but the reduction in calories will even that out:clap:

It will also help increase your metabolism to take everything back to normal.

I highly recommend it :)

Back