Agave nectar sweetener?!

kellmo

Gold Member
Has anyone seen/used this stuff? It's an all natural thing (looks like honey) I spotted it in sainsburys yesterday and I was interested in buying it. The carbs were really low and I tried to compare it to the Splenda but my brain wouldn't work it out?!? I had an mithering 8 year old with me and felt faint (big mistake going out of the house!) so I just grabbed my sweetener and left.

Anyway, blabbering on now!

Kellmo x

dont know hun, i was looking at some liquid sweetner but it said it was from fruit sugars so I figured it wouldnt be allowed. try see where it comes from.

hahaha, nice one

Agave nectar is a no-no for the Dukan diet sadly. I found this list the other day while I was looking to see what were ok and what wasn't:

[h=3]Sugar Substitutes and Sweeteners Allowed on the Dukan Diet[/h]
  • Aspartame
  • Erythritol
  • Lohan
  • Maltitol
  • Saccharin
  • Stevia
  • Sucralose
  • Xylitol
[h=3]Brands of Sugar Substitutes and Sweeteners Allowed on the Dukan Diet[/h]
  • Equal (Equal Classic uses Aspartame, Equal Sucralose uses sucralose and Equal Saccharin uses saccharin)
  • Ideal (Ideal Packets contain xylitol, sucralose, dextrose and maltodextin and Ideal white granulated contains xylitol, sucralose and maltodextrin)
  • Splenda (No calorie Sweetener Packets has sucralose, dextrose and maltodextrin while the No calories Sweetener granulated contains sucralose and maltodextrin)
  • SweetLeaf (Stevia)
  • Sweet’n'Low (Saccharin and dextrose)
  • Truvia (Stevia and erythritol)
  • XyloBrit (Xylitol)
  • XyloSweet (Xylitol)
[h=3]Sugar Substitutes and Sweeteners Not Allowed on the Dukan Diet[/h]
  • Agave nectar or syrup
  • Brown rice syrup
  • Brown sugar
  • Coconut Nectar or Crystals
  • Honey
  • Jaggery
  • Lucuma Powder
  • Maple Syrup

• White sugar (made from cane or beets)
  • Yacon Syrup

I bought some liquid sweetner from Swedish Connections where I buy the preema flavourings from. You only need 2 drops as a teaspoon. Costs £1.99 for about 30ml but well worth it.

I've not found that the sweetner disolves in water for a syrup, it just makes it sweet water LOL.

bridesmaid, don't know where alco saw it, not seen for a for a while so she may not be around to answer this. worth a google with the word dukan in the search, it might throw somethign out

Back