swNavi

I never liked the sound of overnight oats... It just sounded a bit minging to be honest! But I was struggling for easy breakfast ideas that I could bring to work so I thought I'd give it a go. Now I'm completely obsessed! It's so sweet with the agave nectar and so creamy because I used extra yoghurt. Even if I wasn't trying to loose weight I'd gladly eat it!

--------

Overnight Oats

250g fat free greek style yoghurt
2 tsp agave nectar (1 Syn)
1 tsp vanilla extract
35g oats (Hex B)
Berries or fruit

In a container or something you can cover mix yoghurt, agave and vanilla. Then mix in oats and finally fruit. Leave covered overnight in the fridge and enjoy in the morning (leave at least 8 hours).

I use the big chutney jars with the metal clip on can buy them from b&ms an prefer frozen fruits defrosted so less juice. They are very nice though I also swap round yoghurt so it's different.

Going to try this. I've got a ton of jars to use and the kids would love a different breakfast before school than the normal boring cereal. Thank you!

For me it's sweet enough with just frozen berries -defrosted in the overnight bit, oats and a flavoured yogurt making it syn free. A ripe pear can be used to up the sweetness

Hi all,

can you have overnight oats hot? The thought of cold porridge type consistently is the only thing putting me off!

The yogurt would curdle so I'm going to say no.
Anyone tried this with couscous yet? Means you don't use up your hex allowance on breakfast. Not so bad once you get used to it and rather filling

Made this tonight for my breakie but I just used a vanilla Muller Light and mixed in Strawberries and Raspberries, can't wait to eat it as looks devine!
20160805_163453.jpg

:whistle:

Back