Ages to eat

Cherry-Blossom

I CAN do this
Does anyone else find they spend ages on each meal? I made my current shake 2 hours ago and I'm only 2/3's down. It's making me struggle to fit all three meals in as I spend so long on each one it feels like I'm eating constantly.

Not me! I've usually downed the shake in about 5 minutes and the bars and meals in about 10 :). At least if you've constantly got one on the go you shouldn't feel hungry between meals and tempted to snack. Keep on shaking! :)

I think it's probably because I just take a little sip then a sip of water. When I ate a bar last night that probably took me an hour because I kept taking a tiny nibble then putting it down. Meals I take less time on because they go cold.

In all fairness I've never been tempted to snack since I started this. I seem to have a weird body where if I don't eat I'm not hungry in the slightest so so far going into ketosis has been a doddle apart from occasional cravings for random foods.

Yeah, I do try to enjoy my meals and not wolf them down. Apparently, in preparation for when I'm back to conventional food, I need to learn to listen to my body more so that I can stop when I am no longer hungry.

However, aren't we supposed to complete soups/shakes in about 15mins or so, otherwise their nutritional value goes down?

Yeah it does say to consume within 15 minutes but that's never bothered me much to be honest. If you take a multi vit anyway I don't suppose it makes too much difference. Vitamins don't generally evaporate from 'normal' food that quickly do they?

I can't imagine vitamins etc. evaporating and if I drink the whole thing they've got to be in there somewhere. I think what it might mean is they tend to sink as I've found when it takes me ages to drink there's always a really strong bit at the bottom.

wow shakes are down in around 1 to 2 minutes, I dont tend to even move from the spot that I make them I make then drink within seconds! Meals around 5 minutes and a bar in around 2 or 3 minutes!

No wonder I have a weight problem I hear the echo around the forums.... :D

I'm never like this with normal food. That's down in seconds. Then again if I'm taking longer to eat things now it might be good training for me to stop when full when I get back on real food.

Been downing my shake's in 30 seconds flat! Maybe I should try your techmique and make it last longer, always feel starving within an hour on the shakes.

The meals take me a little longer but only because there too hot lol

Was dreading the porridge but I actually quite like it, reminds me a bit of Semolina and I do feel full for quite a while after eating it. The Chilli Con Carne I have yet to try, the cottage pie is ok as is the spag bol, soups I ordered but haven't had the guts to try yet and I hate the nougat and honey bar, love the lemon and yoghurt and think I could learn to love the choc truffa, never been a fan of dark chocolate tho.

How does everyone plan their meals? As and when or to a set schedule?

So far my meals have been as and when but I expect when I'm back at uni on Tuesday it will become set times, especially as Mon, Tues, Wed I'm usually in uni 9-5 then at societies 7-10. The other days I plan on going to the gym in the evenings.

I'm more of a set time person. I have my shake at work at about 10am, then a bar at about 1pm, and then my 'meal' (porridge or spag bol) at about 7 - 8pm when I get home from work. I generally follow that pattern at weekends too. I don't have the first one too early otherwise I get too hungry by the end of the day. I'm up at 6.15, leave for the station at 7.25 and at work by 8.30. By the time I've got myself some tea and faffed around with emails etc. it's not long to wait until 10am, and I don't even think of having a shake before then. If I had it at around 7am then not only would I be rushing it as I'm always in a rush to get the train first thing, I would no doubt be ready for another one by 10am.

I'm back at work today:sigh:

My usual routine is to spend all day on water/tea/coffee. I start my packs from around 4pm which works well for me otherwise I'd get too hungry at night.

It's my first day on s&s and i'm just tucking into my first shake (got up late) so i'm aiming to have my 2nd one around 3pm and then my 3rd this evening when i'm at my weakest with hunger pangs. This way might work out better for me as it's the evenings i'm going to struggle with the most. How are you all finding it? I'm looking forward to it, fed up of xmas food now, feeling stuffed and bloated all the time.

Back