Agggh! Just ordered my first lot of S&S!

blessedgirl

Hi All,

I hope I have put this thread in the right place.

I'm new to this and i've just ordered my first weeks worth of slim and save. I feel really really nervous, I don't know why. But I have been stalling to be honest. Just a little bit about me - I have done a VLCD a few years ago - Lipotrim and got quite used to that. I felt hungry for the first few days, but got used to it after a while. I'd only loose about 2 stone and then lose motivation, they only have 3 flavours, but S & S have a lot more variety. I really hope I will get to my ideal goal this time. My slim and gorgeous best friend has asked me to be her maid of honour at her wedding in August. I have ordered my dress already and felt so embarrased that I was the biggest in her bridal party and the dress fitter said in front of all the bridesmaids that because my dress is the biggest size, I have to pay more for my dress because of the "extra material". I was mortified and so disgusted with myself, I cried when I got home. I'm so sorry to go on, but I really want to acheive my dream of being fit, slim and gorgeous, not just for the wedding but for the rest of my life! Okay....end of essay, sorry! I've been really encouraged by all the posts on here. Good luck to everyone xx

A very warm welcome to you. What a fantastic motivation you have there, make sure you ask for refunds when she's taking that dress in and you don't need so much material :). You can achieve your dreams, write down all your reasons for reaching your goals now while they are fresh in your mind and read them every day to keep them fresh, work on recognising real hunger and how it's different from head hunger, cravings, desires and thirst, and you'll be we'll on your way to managing your eating for life :)

Thank you! I like the idea of writing everything down, thats a good motivation tool for when times get a little tricky! I was hoping for my s & s to arrive today, but its not arriving until tomorrow now! But will definitely come back to say how my 1st day went!

Good luck! If you've managed Lipotrim in the past this should be no problem - real meals and everything! Have you ordered the starter pack so you can try all the flavours?

Thank you so much! Yes I've ordered the started pack, it has a lot more variety to it. I'm hoping i'll get a feel of what I like and don't like, then just order those next time! How long have you been on it and how are you finding it?

I've been on and off for a while! Started in Nov but fell off the wagon in the run up to Christmas and have taken til now to get back into it... Day 6 now and think I'm back in the zone! Did Exante before and I think I prefer their shakes, but the S&S meals are fab :D

Good luck to you! I'm starting tomorrow and I'm really excited. I know how wonderfully effective vlcd's are and I look forward to seeing the results soon!
I'll be keeping an eye out on your updates!

Hi there, I've just started slim and save too, having last 3.5 stone with Exante last year. I put 1.5st back on through a cruise (the point of the diet) and drinking wine. So I'm back to get it off before it gets a proper hold and I'm back to square one. I thought I'd try S &S this time for the variety.

Anway, enough about me - it sounds like the dressfitter needs a few lessons in diplomacy to me, i would be upset too. But hopefully you can use this woman's words as incentive to get what you really want for yourself. You've done ths type of diet before so know you can do it and this time you have the extra motivation to keep it up so go for it - the dress fitter won't recognise you when you go back nearer the time!

I love VLCDs but am lucky that I am not a fussy eater - I adored all of Exante products and could never understand people saying they didnt like them. I just had S & S oatmeal and thought it a bit odd but down it went lol. The beauty of S & S is that you can pick what you want. I definitely prefer the creaminess of the Exante shakes but the variety of flavours that S &S have is attractive, I can't wait to try more of them.

Thank you everyone! Just got my email to say that my sns is on the way! I have a day off from work, so gonna spend the time getting my head round the plan! Its funny as I woke up this morning thinking "yey, I have a day off, i'm gonna buy loads of lovely treats and eat what I want" - then it dawned on me that my slim n save items are arriving shortly & that brought me back down to earth! Its made me realise that I use food as a way of passing the time or that I just eat out of boredom. I'm really hoping this will change the way I think about food.

Thank you slim_and_happy! Good luck to you also! I'll also be keeping an eye out on your progress! we can do this!

hi antiefeva, 3.5 stone is such a great loss! I'm helping my mum plan a world cruise for my my dad's surprise 70th birthday treat & i've seen the amount of restaurants and food available on board, so to have only put on 1.5 stone is great! It's also good that you are doing something about it now, before it gets much harder to lose. Good Luck!

Its arrived! Had the mushroom soup just now and it didn't taste too bad at all. I ordered the taster pack and was surprised to see it came with a shaker, which is great! I'm making a note of which flavours I like/disliked, so when I re-order next week, i'll just stick the flavours that were tasty! I've emptied my fridge/freezer and gave everything to my mum, still have some grapefruits, grapes and blueberries left, I don't wanna through it out, but I guess fruit is a no no on sns xx

It's all sugar hun, which is all carb. Whether you put it in your body or throw it in the bin it'll be wasted - it'll do you less damage if you throw it in the bin ;)

Hi blessedgirl, oh good that your starter pack has arrived, I did exactly the same and made a list of my likes and dislikes as its hard to go by other peoples opinions as we are all so different, also sometimes there is one meal pack that you think you will love and in fact hate it and others that you think you will not like and in fact love, I was convinced I would love the hazelnut shake and absolutely hated it yet the caramel one which I was dreading trying I loved, so weird! Good luck with your first week, it gets a lot easier, my first week as is the case for most people felt like a nightmare I was so hungry I could have chewed off my own arm but it does get so much easier especially around day 4 / 5, the minimins board will really help you as the support on here has got me through a few wobbly moments. Em x

Re: Agggh! Just ordered my first lot of S&S!

Welcome to the S&S boards and the diet. I can understand you being a little nervous but you'll bring fine! Stick to it and you'll have some great losses. Sounds like you've got some great motivation to keep you going so I'm sure you'll do great! Good luck :)

The amazing thing about VLCD is that if you stick to it the losses are guaranteed. That's what I love about this plan. There's no faffing about no wondering if you're eating the right stuff. I find it refreshing that the choice is almost done for you..

Hi All,

I hope I have put this thread in the right place.

I'm new to this and i've just ordered my first weeks worth of slim and save. I feel really really nervous, I don't know why. But I have been stalling to be honest. Just a little bit about me - I have done a VLCD a few years ago - Lipotrim and got quite used to that. I felt hungry for the first few days, but got used to it after a while. I'd only loose about 2 stone and then lose motivation, they only have 3 flavours, but S & S have a lot more variety. I really hope I will get to my ideal goal this time. My slim and gorgeous best friend has asked me to be her maid of honour at her wedding in August. I have ordered my dress already and felt so embarrased that I was the biggest in her bridal party and the dress fitter said in front of all the bridesmaids that because my dress is the biggest size, I have to pay more for my dress because of the "extra material". I was mortified and so disgusted with myself, I cried when I got home. I'm so sorry to go on, but I really want to acheive my dream of being fit, slim and gorgeous, not just for the wedding but for the rest of my life! Okay....end of essay, sorry! I've been really encouraged by all the posts on here. Good luck to everyone xx

What a horrid things to say to you!!! But use it to fuel you hun... as motivation!!!

Good luck, those lbs will be dropping off in no time!!! X

thank you caz! how are you finding it so far?
I agree with you slim_and_happy, its great not having to worry about it, as its all done, just need to make sure I get over the next few days at least!
Thank you Deezer! I know, some people have no tact! But her words are a constant reminder of why I am doing this and I cannot wait to see her face when I go back in a few months for a fitting. I can almost picture a scene from "Pretty Woman" where I turn to the dress fitter and say "remember me, you told me I would need extra material for the dress, big mistake, huge"!

Back