Aghhh - Temptation!!! Why?!

Lucky7

Lucky7
After going a bit off track for a little while this is my first day of back on track, filling in food diary, trying new recipes, getting well into Slimming World again mania.

So far I've had a lovely morning. Banana porridge (with scan bran) for brekkie, made soup for lunch, and a veggie and bean chilli that smells gorgeous. Then a knock on the front door..

... and it's a man whose bag / wallet I found on the road outside my house in the week with money, driving licence, bank cards etc in it, which I went round his house (on the other side of Cambridge) and left for him with his partner. He'd come to say thank you with Hardy's Crest Sparkling wine, and a box of All Gold Milk. Lovely of him to do it, but oh, the temptation.... now I need to find someone to give them to!!! Doh.

Mmmm ! Keep them as an Xmas pressy for someone !
I had a choccy yesterday....it was from an M and S box, nom nom !
I synned at 2 as I had no idea!
Sounds like you have a good food plan for the day....why not freeze the chocs individually and have one a day?
(Mind you I think I would want to eat them all)
DON'T DO IT !

Yes - I'm no good at resisting chocolate. I really like it if I get offered one by someone, because you can syn it and it's not too bad. BUT - if I open that box and get the taste there'll be no stopping me. Even on the ones I don't like.

I've hidden both offending items at the back of the cupboard-under-the -stairs. To find them again now would require a huge amount of effort, and out of sight out of mind. I may have won this battle!!!

I'd want to eat them, so I'd work out how many I could eat each day whilst keeping in my syn allowance & eat them that way.

No way would I want to be passing Terry's All Gold to somebody else for them to enjoy:eek:

I don't even need to think about the wine, it'd be getting drunk:D

Agghh Michelle - don't encourage me.

No, once that box had had it's plastic wrapper opened, all I'd be able to hear would be chocolates calling to me until they'd all gone.

I do like that you can (if you don't mind the 'looks') go into Thorntons or PROPER chocolate shops and buy one or two of your most fave chocolates. My favourite in the The Chocolate House in the city centre (Cambridge) was always the Vegan dark chocolate truffle. Haven't been there for ages.

No - not Thorntons - the proper chocolate shop in the City Centre. It's one of those ones that they make everything on the premises, so as you go past you get a big waft of cocoa. The Cheese Co. shop is next door so me and OH can both have our cravings satisfied.

Not sure if Thorntons do vegan stuff or not - I'm not a vegan by the way - they just happened to be my fave.

I'd be on that vino like a woman possessed :D

can you nibble at a few and have a little treat??

you did someone a good turn so you deserve a little reward i reackon :D

Aw Emma - if I could trust myself with an open box of choccies then hat's what I'd do, but quite frankly, I am not to be trusted around sweeties in any quantity. Maybe next time I go into town I'll buy myself 2 special ones to make up for it.

Going to the Hemsby R&R weekender on Thursday, and want to feel good in my lovely dresses, so I really want to stay on the straight and narrow til then.

Hi - I'm afraid that box would def call out to me. Can you think of anyone you could maybe give it to as a wee surprise for them. Imagine how amazing that would make you feel. Providing the person you chose is not also trying to be "good" choccy wise lol

Honestly - unless I'm absolutely STARVING there is no way I'd feel up to battling with the dreaded mess that is The-Cupboard-Under-The-Stairs this weekend, so not only am I safe from the choccies, everyone else will be too!!.

I'll keep them for next time we have family or friends round and will put them out with coffee. Or take them along to the next Girls Night In. I'm sure they'll polish them off - I'm the only one on a diet.

xx

Firstly - Im that was sooo nice of you!!! most people would have thought their luck was in! the same thing happened to me whilst i was in a club in london. a girl left her wallet in the toilet. it had everything it, from her ID card (she was german) to all her holiday cash. she was so greatful she got it back she used to send me german chocolate once a month lol - i had to ask her to stop in the end lol

secondly - if you really dont want to eat them, why dont you drop them into an old peoples home or charity shop. or you could just give them to the first person who comes to visit lol

Well done for being so honest and going out of your way to return it!! karma will come to you and will stand you in good stead for the diet

good luck x

The wierd thing about it was that the person lived quite a way from where I live, and the the only other time that I've found a purse / wallet was when I lived elsewhere in the city (still not close to that Road), and that person lived just a few doors down from this bloke. What a coincidence eh!!

At least this man was polite - the other lady treated me with an awful lot of distain and seemed quite suspicious of me when I returned her purse. Oh well, never mind. You just have to do what you know is right don't you.

Maybe the karma will help me out at Tesco in a minute - lots of bargains on the stuff on my list; willpower to resist the naughty stuff; and short queues (oh - and no traffic jams). Hmmm - maybe too much to ask. Lol.

I found a wallet once - the address was in there and I took it round - as you would - the door opened only a crack and I said is mr so and so here and the person said no he has gone out - I said I found his wallet and I wanted to return it - showing the wallet in my hand. The door opened slightly more a hand came out and took the wallet and then shut the door in my face. :rolleyes:

I found a wallet once - the address was in there and I took it round - as you would - the door opened only a crack and I said is mr so and so here and the person said no he has gone out - I said I found his wallet and I wanted to return it - showing the wallet in my hand. The door opened slightly more a hand came out and took the wallet and then shut the door in my face. :rolleyes:

Do you think it was him??

Back