Agreed my target with my chemist...

Hi,

As some of you know I had a bit of a conflict at the chemist last week as a new girl told me I had to come off TFR when I lost 2 more pounds. That would have been me at 8st 8 and a BMI of 23.5.

I have always wanted to loose 50 pounds and get to a BMI of 21.5 which means I would weigh 7st 12.

So I called the chemist today and had a really good chat with him. He said he considers a good healthy range to be between 21 and 25, I told him I want to be 21.5 and he said that was fine but he would normally recommend that someone my height should come off TFR at 8.5stone. He knows that I am especially focused and also sensible and we came to compromise that I would come off at 8stone 2.

I am happy enough with this. I know I can loose 4 pounds on maintenance and get to my target anyway. SO I am still focused on loosing my 50 pounds.

He made a note of my agreed target on my file so that everyone knows and there is no confusion.

He was really nice to me and I explained that I just wanted to agree a sensible weight with him because I am starting to get a lot of negative vibes from people. He told me not to listen to anyone - and that almost all comments made to me are made out of jealousy. He said as long as I have a BMI 21 - 25 - I am healthy and not to let other people's opinions effect me. He was really supportive and very impressed by my results.

He also recommended that I get a refeed CD tomorrow and listen to it a few times over the next couple of weeks so that I totally understand the implications of refeed and maintenance. He said it is quite technical but it is good for me to educate myself on the whole process so I completley understand it all.

He also said he would recommend I do maintenance for 6 weeks - to give my body time to adjust properly. So I am happy to do this.

I am wondering what I will loose tomorrow - as I weighed 5 pounds lighter on the beauticians scales - if I loose 5 pounds tomorrow at the chemist - that will bring me to 8st 5 - which means I only have 3 more pounds to loose until I get to my agreed target! That means that next week could be my last week on TFR! Wow! Just have to wait and see how I actually go on their scales tomorrow!

This week I have really noticed some massive changes in my body - I feel so excited to be close to my goal! :)

Thanks again to u all for ur support and encouragment! :)

luv
julz
xox

I am soo pleased for you and your chemist sounds very good!!! you are rocking now hun...OMG one more week!!! whoooo hoooo xxxx

thats fab, you know if you really wanted to you could do the weights in pocket trick to get yourself to target on tfr... ;)

seriously though, doing maintenance for 6 weeks will really help you learn how to refeed, get to target, and stay healthy, so its prob a good thing anyway.

really pleased for you.

keith and i were saying the other day that peoples perceptions of healthy weight have changed over the years as we are all bigger, so a healthy weight seems thin now. its just a case of people getting used to seeing you healthy now.

well done!

thats great Julz so close to the end x

Delighted that you talked with your chemist and that you have it sorted and on your file.

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow.

What have you noticed in changes to your body this week?

If it is not for the open forum please pm me as I am dieing to know...

Love Mini xxx

Yooooo Hooooo Youuuuu

0ne more week.. what are we going to do without you upbeat messages each day:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

0ne more week.. what are we going to do without you upbeat messages each day:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
She aint allowed to go anywhere!!! i will chain her to minimins if i have to!!!!

Thanks to everyone! AGAIN! You lot have made this LT journey so special for me - its great to have somewhere to share all my feelings and successes without the fear of people being negative or thinking im showing off. You really have made this so much easier for me - everytime something cool happens to me - I cant wait to rush here so I can share it all with you. And your responses always make me feel soooo happy! I cant thank u all enough!

And mini - here are some of the changes I noticed...

On saturday I tried on this pair of trousers that i had tried on only a week before and still felt they were too tight - I put them on on saturday and they actually just fell down! lol In one week - I was gobsmacked!

Then I went to scratch my shoulder blade and omg I could really notice how much further down my back I could scratch? lol Weird but must be cos not as much fat on my back and arms?? lol

Also I had a size 10 skirt I had got in riverisland a few years ago - I put it on me yesterday and it was like way toooo big - no chance I could wear it out - it would fall off me! Im actually wearing a black skirt to work that I used to wear when I went out on a saturday night clubbing when I was 18 - thats 14 years ago!

The jelly look on my belly is almost gone - my skin tone and firmness has dramatically improved in the last week.

I have no celluite on my legs or bum whatsoever - completely gone! This is first week I can say this!

My knee boots that I wear - have got like an inch space around my leg - when I started LT I couldnt even zip them the whole way - and then when I could I had a little bit of leg flab (!?) hanging over the top! lol

This morning I hit my wrist of my hip bone!!! I was like OMG - I have a hip bone??? jeeeeze louise - havent felt that in about 10 years! lol

Just lots of little changes like this all in one week.... so amazing - its massive to me!

The list of changes is endless...

:)

xox

Hey - i def hanging around here to I get to my goal - and i get so much from you guys - i want to see u all at target xox

And mini - here are some of the changes I noticed...

On saturday I tried on this pair of trousers that i had tried on only a week before and still felt they were too tight - I put them on on saturday and they actually just fell down! lol In one week - I was gobsmacked!

That is impressive but can well believe as I am finding myself even though I am not losing that fast my clothes are getting bigger on me each week.

I remember last time round it unnerving as I was shocked at not having worn some of my new clothes...this time I am not bothered.

Then I went to scratch my shoulder blade and omg I could really notice how much further down my back I could scratch? lol Weird but must be cos not as much fat on my back and arms?? lol

It is funny alright!!!:p

Also I had a size 10 skirt I had got in riverisland a few years ago - I put it on me yesterday and it was like way toooo big - no chance I could wear it out - it would fall off me! Im actually wearing a black skirt to work that I used to wear when I went out on a saturday night clubbing when I was 18 - thats 14 years ago!

:wow::wow::wow::eek:Talk about turning back the years:happy096:
The jelly look on my belly is almost gone - my skin tone and firmness has dramatically improved in the last week.

This is interesting as some of the research I have come across does suggest that when you get your BMI down to a certain level this will happen and I remember after I had my son and lost the baby weight the belly went when my weight dropped under eight and half stone...almost like magic.

I have no celluite on my legs or bum whatsoever - completely gone! This is first week I can say this!

Great recommendation for this type of diet alright!!!:D

My knee boots that I wear - have got like an inch space around my leg - when I started LT I couldnt even zip them the whole way - and then when I could I had a little bit of leg flab (!?) hanging over the top! lol

The legs are the last to lose weight normally and I know it will probably take mine ages to get slim enough to wear knee high boots...I think:confused:

This morning I hit my wrist of my hip bone!!! I was like OMG - I have a hip bone??? jeeeeze louise - havent felt that in about 10 years! lol

Sounds like you have been really discovering your body!:D

Just lots of little changes like this all in one week.... so amazing - its massive to me!

The list of changes is endless...

Thanks for sharing your changes you have noticed as they are all goals to look forward too!

xox

I have noticed last week what I would describe as a lightness in myself.

I don't ever recall getting this last time and it feels absolutely wonderful!

My psoriasis is fading and the strawberry red is fading to a pale pink.

If I had my way I think I would stay on the diet as I feel so well.

I think your chemist gave you very good advice about taking your time with maintenance.

Love Mini xxx

hugs...

I have noticed last week what I would describe as a lightness in myself.

Coolio! :cool:

I don't ever recall getting this last time and it feels absolutely wonderful!

My psoriasis is fading and the strawberry red is fading to a pale pink.

Nice one! That must be great for u! :)

If I had my way I think I would stay on the diet as I feel so well.

Its amazing how great you feel isnt it! Everyday is a gift! And every small change is a big difference in lifting your spirit and confidence! xox

I think your chemist gave you very good advice about taking your time with maintenance.

I will def stay on maintenance for 6 weeks as I really want to do everything by the book and make sure that I give myself 100% chance of a long lasting success. xxx

Love Mini xxx

Love julzie xxx

I do think by following it to the letter you will be giving yourself time to adjust to eating again.

This is where I feel a diary would be a great help for the rest of us to learn from...but unfortunately when most members have lost their weight they fly the nest off to enjoy their new life.

What happens after weight loss is the least documented part of the weight loss journey...yet one of the most important.

Love Mini xxx

glad you ahve sorted things out with the chemist - sounds like they are very supportive. Would be interested to know whats on the CD - never seen that at my chemist. Im sure you will get there in a week, wow what a great feeling that will be!! Well done hun xx

I do think by following it to the letter you will be giving yourself time to adjust to eating again.

This is where I feel a diary would be a great help for the rest of us to learn from...but unfortunately when most members have lost their weight they fly the nest off to enjoy their new life.

What happens after weight loss is the least documented part of the weight loss journey...yet one of the most important.

Love Mini xxx

Hey - I think I can easily committ to doing a food diary for my 6 weeks maintenance on minimins. Def something I will seriously consider. I am sure that it will help me immensley and as you say it could help other people as well. I am 100% certain that I will maintain and I am going to do everything right to make sure that I do! :)

Love julz xxxx

glad you ahve sorted things out with the chemist - sounds like they are very supportive. Would be interested to know whats on the CD - never seen that at my chemist. Im sure you will get there in a week, wow what a great feeling that will be!! Well done hun xx

I will be getting the CD tomorrow - apparently it is 1 hr long and it goes into great detail about every single technical thing about how your body reacts to refeed and the importance of proper maintenance. He said it is intense and that most people need to listen to it a few times before they really get to grips with it. I am really looking forward to getting it and learning about the next stage of my LT Journey. I will let you know what it says - maybe even take some notes and post them here for you all to read.

Pretty surreal to think that I could be on my last week of TFR?! I was all in the mindset that I would be on it to the end of august! All depends how big my weigh in is tomorrow though. I know my target has been reduced - but its only 4 pounds and I know that I am still focused to achieving my goal. I dont feel threatened or scared at all by loosing 4 pounds on maintenace. I know I can do it and I know I will! :) Thanks again for you consistent support and encouragement daisy! xox

I am so pleased for julz, you've done so well & have been an inspiration to everyone on here. You always manage to give such good advice & motivate people when they are feeling low, you really are wonda woman!! I think the 6 weeks refeed is a great idea as it will really ease you in gently to eating "normally", Good luck for your WI this week xxx

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHUCKS!

I am so pleased for julz, you've done so well & have been an inspiration to everyone on here. You always manage to give such good advice & motivate people when they are feeling low, you really are wonda woman!! I think the 6 weeks refeed is a great idea as it will really ease you in gently to eating "normally", Good luck for your WI this week xxx

Thank you thank you thank you! What a lovely thing to say! :) Means a lot to me. And I def think following a 6 week maintenance plan will see me on the straight and narrow for a long and happy slim and healthy life! :) xox

very happy to support julz hun - you are my little ray of sunshine!!! xx

Back