• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Ainsley's Couscous - help please?

LittleBottle

Where's Skinny Minnie?
S: 12st11lb C: 12st8lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 31.2 Loss: 0st3lb(1.68%)
Hi guys, quick question as the SW site is misleading
(no? surely not! :rolleyes:)

Ainsley Harriott Couscous Moroccan Medley is shown as 1 syn on green:

Ainsley Harriott Moroccan Medley Couscous, excluding oil & butter, dried 100g cooked

Original 7 Syns
Green 1 Syns

The bit I'm not sure of is whether I weigh it dried or cooked as it says both? Is it 1 syn for the packet or 1 syn per 100g of the final product (which only involves adding water, a free food by all accounts).

Please help?

(This is why I spend 95% of my SW surfing on here and only use SW if absoutely necessary - I think the links on SW should direct people here, it'd be much more efficient)

Oh P.S. there's a bit of urgency in this as I've brought it to work for lunch - sorry :eek:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:

LittleBottle

Where's Skinny Minnie?
Ah well, got to have it as it's the only thing I've brought for lunch today. Decided to play it safe and count it as 1 syn per 100g cooked so with 150 ml water (1ml=1g at its maximum density) that comes to 2.5 syns. Better safe than sorry I guess.
Let me know if you know differently though please as I love that stuff and intend to have it loads.

I might be wrong but I read it as 100g uncooked is 1 syn on green and whatever it swells up to will still be 1 syn ,

your right though it totally baffles me when i read them also specially with the cous cous, pasta n sauce & noodles

Mrs V

Loves Life!
S: 21st7lb C: 12st5lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 9st2lb(42.52%)
The way I read it as:
You weigh out 100g dried and then cook it for 1 syn.
I hope this helps. Is it any good?

Kerry-Ann

LittleBottle

Where's Skinny Minnie?
It's delicious :)
I love moroccan flavours and this is great to pop in a lunch box and eat at work.
Thanks for your help guys, I'll count it as 1 then - the SW site confuses the life out of me the way they word things.

Mrs V

Loves Life!
S: 21st7lb C: 12st5lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 9st2lb(42.52%)
Hmmm, I think I shall get some after work!!
Very limited to what I can eat, as I cant digest potatoes and struggle with pasta!! Lol - all hail the gastric band Lol!

LittleBottle

Where's Skinny Minnie?
I guess couscous would be a bit easier then being a lot finer in texture.
How are you doing with that? Are you managing SW ok?

DearFatty

Silver Member
S: 15st4lb C: 10st12lb G: 9st4lb BMI: 28.7 Loss: 4st6lb(28.97%)
I thought it was half a syn if cooked with just water (thats how I read it and I had the roasted veg one today)

lulubelz

S: 15st12lb C: 13st10lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 30.1 Loss: 2st2lb(13.51%)
That was my question that I totally forgot to ask the other day! Thanks everyone for your answers...that was what I was really confused about too! :)

squiddie

Starting Again!
S: 27st9lb C: 23st12lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 50.8 Loss: 3st11lb(13.7%)
Just thought I point this out

Ainsley Harriott Moroccan Medley Couscous, excluding oil & butter, dried 100g cooked
that bit is the product and...

is what the syns refer to :)

pixiepiratess

Going From Flab to FAB!
S: 15st10lb C: 15st6lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 42.2 Loss: 0st4lb(1.82%)
Can i ask what you all eat with cous cous .. I have tried the tesco lighter choices one and i didnt like it atall ..

Ive bought ainsley roast vegie one and just not sure what to try it with ??

Circes

Strutting her stuff
S: 17st12lb C: 10st7lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 7st5lb(41.2%)
Peppers, chickpeas and dried apricots with some FF dressing for a moroccan salad at lunchtime

With mixed mushrooms as the basis for a SW quiche.

Plain cous cous with masses of peppers, aubergine, courgette, spices, harissa paste, stock and tomatoes for an evening meal. :eating:

Tab

S: 16st6lb C: 16st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 41 Loss: 0st6lb(2.61%)
I usually use plain couscous and have it with finely chopped salad, cooked meat/chicken/prawns or cheese. I add a teaspoon of harrissa paste to give it some flavour. Before SW I would add a teaspoon of basil flavoured olive oil as well not it depends on how many syns I have left lol

lulubelz

S: 15st12lb C: 13st10lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 30.1 Loss: 2st2lb(13.51%)
Mmmmmm....I had cous cous today with sweetcorn and cucumber in a lunch box, just ate it with a fork! Yum yum! I LOVE the Ainsley harriet ones! :)

jaylou

Gold Member
Can i ask what you all eat with cous cous .. I have tried the tesco lighter choices one and i didnt like it atall ..

Ive bought ainsley roast vegie one and just not sure what to try it with ??
I eat it on it's own. I love the AH moroccan medley and spice sensation ones. I take the packet to work, stick it in a bowl, pour the water over it and eat the lot. Lovely!!

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
S: 14st5lb
The Amazing grains couscous at Aldi is free on green and EE 4 sorts! I like the Green Thai best, the soy sesame and ginger is good too. And it's cheaper!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Slimming World 0
Syn Values 7
Syn Values 0
SlimFast Weight Loss Diary 2
Weight Watchers - ProPoints Queries 5