Ainsley's Couscous - help please?

LittleBottle

Where's Skinny Minnie?
Hi guys, quick question as the SW site is misleading
(no? surely not! :rolleyes:)

Ainsley Harriott Couscous Moroccan Medley is shown as 1 syn on green:

Ainsley Harriott Moroccan Medley Couscous, excluding oil & butter, dried 100g cooked

red.gif
Original 7 Syns
green.gif
Green 1 Syns

The bit I'm not sure of is whether I weigh it dried or cooked as it says both? Is it 1 syn for the packet or 1 syn per 100g of the final product (which only involves adding water, a free food by all accounts).

Please help?

(This is why I spend 95% of my SW surfing on here and only use SW if absoutely necessary - I think the links on SW should direct people here, it'd be much more efficient)

Oh P.S. there's a bit of urgency in this as I've brought it to work for lunch - sorry :eek:

Last edited:
Ah well, got to have it as it's the only thing I've brought for lunch today. Decided to play it safe and count it as 1 syn per 100g cooked so with 150 ml water (1ml=1g at its maximum density) that comes to 2.5 syns. Better safe than sorry I guess.
Let me know if you know differently though please as I love that stuff and intend to have it loads.

I might be wrong but I read it as 100g uncooked is 1 syn on green and whatever it swells up to will still be 1 syn ,

your right though it totally baffles me when i read them also specially with the cous cous, pasta n sauce & noodles

The way I read it as:
You weigh out 100g dried and then cook it for 1 syn.
I hope this helps. Is it any good?

Kerry-Ann

It's delicious :)
I love moroccan flavours and this is great to pop in a lunch box and eat at work.
Thanks for your help guys, I'll count it as 1 then - the SW site confuses the life out of me the way they word things.

Hmmm, I think I shall get some after work!!
Very limited to what I can eat, as I cant digest potatoes and struggle with pasta!! Lol - all hail the gastric band Lol!

I thought it was half a syn if cooked with just water (thats how I read it and I had the roasted veg one today)

That was my question that I totally forgot to ask the other day! Thanks everyone for your answers...that was what I was really confused about too! :)

Just thought I point this out

Ainsley Harriott Moroccan Medley Couscous, excluding oil & butter, dried 100g cooked
that bit is the product and...

is what the syns refer to :)

Can i ask what you all eat with cous cous .. I have tried the tesco lighter choices one and i didnt like it atall ..

Ive bought ainsley roast vegie one and just not sure what to try it with ??

Peppers, chickpeas and dried apricots with some FF dressing for a moroccan salad at lunchtime

With mixed mushrooms as the basis for a SW quiche.

Plain cous cous with masses of peppers, aubergine, courgette, spices, harissa paste, stock and tomatoes for an evening meal. :eating:

I usually use plain couscous and have it with finely chopped salad, cooked meat/chicken/prawns or cheese. I add a teaspoon of harrissa paste to give it some flavour. Before SW I would add a teaspoon of basil flavoured olive oil as well not it depends on how many syns I have left lol

Mmmmmm....I had cous cous today with sweetcorn and cucumber in a lunch box, just ate it with a fork! Yum yum! I LOVE the Ainsley harriet ones! :)

Can i ask what you all eat with cous cous .. I have tried the tesco lighter choices one and i didnt like it atall ..

Ive bought ainsley roast vegie one and just not sure what to try it with ??

I eat it on it's own. I love the AH moroccan medley and spice sensation ones. I take the packet to work, stick it in a bowl, pour the water over it and eat the lot. Lovely!!

The Amazing grains couscous at Aldi is free on green and EE 4 sorts! I like the Green Thai best, the soy sesame and ginger is good too. And it's cheaper!

Back