Alcohol after Lighterlife whilst on RTM?

JJR93

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone had any bad affects with alcohol after finishing LL or whilst of RTM.
I have a holiday booked whilst im on the 5th Week of RTM and Im just wondering if anyone had any affects from alcohol? Were they more drunk after drinking? ect

Thanks.

I started having wine after about three weeks on management. the book says that they don't recommend it if you are still in ketosis. but after the third week I was out anyway. But I had not problems. I saw it as a once a week thing and i strictly limited how much i had. I also refused to have any food while drinking or after. I stuck to dry white wine is low in carbs and measured it carefully. I kept within my carb limit for the day by counting everything carefully.
The fact is that alcohol contains carbs and calories and will make you put on weight in excess. You need to build it into your menu for the day or even for the week and don't have it on top of your other food. it needs to be counted and considered.
I found the first glass of wine was just strange. I didn't enjoy it - but became quite tiddly from just a small glass. But after a few weeks of drinking once a week, I find that I am still having small amounts but the effect is lessening.
My advice is to go ahead and drink, but research the carb counts, don't have sweet drinks or nibbles while drinking and don't try to keep up with everyone else. Keep having lots of water as well.

I started having wine after about three weeks on management. the book says that they don't recommend it if you are still in ketosis. but after the third week I was out anyway. But I had not problems. I saw it as a once a week thing and i strictly limited how much i had. I also refused to have any food while drinking or after. I stuck to dry white wine is low in carbs and measured it carefully. I kept within my carb limit for the day by counting everything carefully.
The fact is that alcohol contains carbs and calories and will make you put on weight in excess. You need to build it into your menu for the day or even for the week and don't have it on top of your other food. it needs to be counted and considered.
I found the first glass of wine was just strange. I didn't enjoy it - but became quite tiddly from just a small glass. But after a few weeks of drinking once a week, I find that I am still having small amounts but the effect is lessening.
My advice is to go ahead and drink, but research the carb counts, don't have sweet drinks or nibbles while drinking and don't try to keep up with everyone else. Keep having lots of water as well.

Hi nzmegs I was planning on drinking shorts with like a diet lemonade?

Just did some research, seems like the best thing to drink to be honest

[h=2]Vodka, 40% Volume[/h] Calories in 100ml of vodka:
Calories222.0kcal
Carbohydrate0.0g
Protein0.0g
Fat0.0g
Fibre0.0g
Alcohol31.7g
Calories in a shot (25ml) of Vodka: 55 kcal

Also nzmegs what does week 5 consist of? Because ill be on week 5 that week?

So ill know what to eat ect..

Sorry to be a pain haha

it's not about the calories. It's about the fact that drinking alchol while in ketosis will damage your liver

Yes, but by week 5 of rtm you should be out of ketosis. As fruit is introduced into the diet. Plus alcohol is allowed on week 5?

I don't drink so I can't remember when alcohol is introduced. I thought it was later than week 5 though

With the new management plan you decide when you want to introduce alcohol - they don't tell you to (but they don't tell you not to). What they suggest though is that alcohol will knock you out of ketosis, so don't start drinking while you are in ketosis still. By week five you will be having some fruits, some more starchy vegetables and loads of meat. So you will be out of ketosis - but you should still have some of the beenfiots of a low carb diet (lower hunger and few cravings).
I think shorts with a diet mixer is probably a good bet. But do some research on the mixers to find ones which do not contain citric acid or ones which are the lowest in carbs.

Going on to management is all about making decisions which are right for you at the the right time. The management plan is all about a suggested route. you are not expected to eat everything which they suggest at each designated time. But the basic structure will keep you on the straight and narrow - while you work out what you like and what works for you. In my case, i have decided not to reintroduce carbs beyond those found in vegetables. For me it has meant I can indulge in a higher level of calories without putting on weight. it works for me.

All I can suggest is that you have a plan regarding how much alcohol you will have and what foods you will be eating during your holiday. Also a plan of what you will do when you get home to ensure you lose any weight you might put on and keep going on the management plan successfully. LL teaches us to make the right choices beyond the diet. it means that holidays and special occasions can be dealt with without any panic or worry. it is all part of living a normal life with the foods that we love.

Back