alcohol and SS warning!

dawnyblue

God, how stupid have I been! I went out last night and made a decision to drink alcohol as my nights out are very rare and I thought the worst that could happen would I'd go out of ketosis and/or maybe hold up my weight loss this week.

I had read that you would get drunker quicker but hadn't seriously thought about the effects alcohol would have on a body that contained no food. I was fine for the first 7 drinks (vodka and diet coke) but then all of a sudden WHAM I think I was hit by a truck! I have no recollection after that point other than a friend continually saying 'she was fine till she sat down' and then the taxi driver saying 'it's a £50 fine if she's sick'. I got in and my husband was an absolute angel, I was sick on the bathroom floor twice and then decided to lie in it (sorry you probably didn't need to know that) and my husband cleaned up me and the bathroom floor while I cried like a baby. I can honestly say I have never been like that before ever and I've drunk a hell of a lot more than that before. I have been ill all day with a very sore stomach and have found it hard to drink my water (I've only managed 1 litre) and only had a bar and a tetra but couldn't stomach a 3rd.

I know everyone else probably has a lot more sense than me and wouldn't dream of drinking alcohol but I just thought I'd warn anyone else out there who might be a little naive like I was.

I will never drink alcohol again while on SS that is for certain.

Goodness, you poor thing.

Thanks for the warning. It's well worth hearing your story as a deterrent.

Try to get well and continue where you left off.

XX

Oh no, :eek: you poor soul! :) Mind you I had to laugh at your post (sorry- that sounds cruel from where you sit! :eek:) There is a funny side to your misery but it will probably be some time till you can see that! Hope that you feel better soon- just put it down to experience & move on! ;)

Yep. When SS-ing booze - spirits, especially - hits you like a sledgehammer.

I found that out for myself. Time and again I crashed out and couldn't remember what I'd said or done. Next day I'd find out that I'd sent abusive or pathetic texts or made rambling phone calls. Not good.

I never used to drink at all until I started CD-ing. Now I like vodka. Nightmare!

after last night I don't think I'll ever drink vodka again. to be honest I usually drink Baileys or red wine but thought vodka was less harmful for the diet.

It might not have harmed the diet (I'm still in ketosis and I've lost 2lbs since yesterday) but it certainly harmed me!!!!

I'll wait till I'm eating again and then just have the odd glass of red wine I think.

the thing is I was out with 2 very good friends so I'd have had a great night without alcohol, anyway lesson learnt!

Back