Alcohol question

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by queenvic, 21 February 2009 Social URL.

1. queenvic

queenvic Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    slimfast
    I save my syns for Alcohol on a w/end but I tend to go over abit probly 4 syns fri & sat, I'm worried that i'm going to start putting on weight again :( I have rum and diet coke fridays & saturdays, i dont drink atal then till the following friday. Can anyone tell me if alcohol slows the weight loss down? I'm so worried getting on those scales monday! lol :(:eek::sigh::cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    As long as you count your syns you should be OK. My problem is ,after a few drinks , counting syns flies out of the window, and the cheese and crackers come out! Also as we drink at home, the measures are far larger than a pub. I know it's alcohol (and OH!) that's kyboshing me losing weight, but it doesn't have to .

4. Metermaid

Metermaid Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(21.56%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I tend to have 3 glasses of red wine on a Fri, Sat and Sun and still have my 4 matchmakers with coffee so my syns are at least up at 20, but I'm still losing so not worrying too much. I try and stay off the booze for 3 night a week which you are doing and more so hopefully should be ok!

5. queenvic

queenvic Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    slimfast
    ahh thx for your your replies :) the good thing is i've got out of the habbit of giving into chocs etc when i drink, i just have a banana or low fat yogurt and i feel ok :) it says in one of my books that i read last night acctually you can have 50 syns one day and thats fine... as long as you go back to being healthy the next day which is realy reasuring.

6. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    4 Syns over is really nothing to worry about. The biggest danger with alcohol and weight gain is getting the munchies and not having the willpower to control them

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.