Alcohol?

p1gemmalsm81

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has a drink while taking xenical?

I am a massive vodka and diet coke fan, I can drink up to 10 cans of diet coke a day.

I normally would buy a small bottle of vodka (35cl) everyday. I had no idea how many calories I was drinking on a daily basis or pounds I was spending.

Now I have put a stop to drinking both diet coke and vodka. It's only been three days but i have not let a drop of vodka and diet coke touch my lips.

I was just wondering if anyone has a drink;

What do you drink and when?

Gem xx

Good plan trying to cut down.. Drinking on Xen is fine, but should be in moderation and some would argue a waste of calories - you need to count the calories - one shot of vodka and diet Coke is about 60 cals, gin and slimline tonic is about the same. Wine, lagers, beers etc are higher - about 150 cals for a glass of wine.. Not sure about the fat content in cider/lager/beer? I don't drink it - wine or spirits are my choice :)

I'm quite lucky, I suppose, because I don't particularly like to drink - there's just so many calories in alcohol and they're totally empty calories, but I know a lot of people still like a tipple, lol. :) xx

I'm quite lucky, I suppose, because I don't particularly like to drink - there's just so many calories in alcohol and they're totally empty calories, but I know a lot of people still like a tipple, lol. :) xx

Same here lol I can live without drinky's but not food calories lol thankfully our friends aren't big drinkers either as that would be hard although most friends are food lovers lol doesn't help ;) i occasionally fancy a sugary drink so will go for something with diet lemonade to quench it :)

I don't drink at home, if I go out I drink vodka & diet coke & it's fine on xen but a waste of cals ;)

Teamnasher said:
Same here lol I can live without drinky's but not food calories lol thankfully our friends aren't big drinkers either as that would be hard although most friends are food lovers lol doesn't help ;) i occasionally fancy a sugary drink so will go for something with diet lemonade to quench it :)

Hello, you're here on the Xen forum now! :) My problem is that, if I ever do have a drink, I like things like Baileys, Tia Maria etc. - all sweet stuff that isn't exactly low calorie, lol. I'll have one very occasionally, maybe at Christmas, but find it best just to be teetotal most of the time. :) xx

Hello, you're here on the Xen forum now! :) My problem is that, if I ever do have a drink, I like things like Baileys, Tia Maria etc. - all sweet stuff that isn't exactly low calorie, lol. I'll have one very occasionally, maybe at Christmas, but find it best just to be teetotal most of the time. :) xx

Yeah I am thinking the same. It is a lot of calories to waste on a couple of drinks.
I think I am going to try really hard to not drink at all till I go on my hols in September. Fingers crossed x

p1gemmalsm81 said:
Yeah I am thinking the same. It is a lot of calories to waste on a couple of drinks.
I think I am going to try really hard to not drink at all till I go on my hols in September. Fingers crossed x

That can only be a good thing. :) xx

Yay lol hello :) x

Can only be good for you to cut down. I have a couple of small vodkas at the weekend but I do find that the less I have the less I want and have got to the stage that although I still have my drink I am wondering why I bother!

KB

Back