alcoholic drinks

Hello all I am going on an all inclusive holiday in March. I would like to know which drinks are best avoided? I am thinking cocktails and ones which have less syns etc...thanks :)

Hi Ali, it's normally local drinks and spirits so personally I would stick to spirits and diet mixers, cocktails can have added sugar syrup and grenadine that can add 10 syns plus per glass on top of the syns of the alcohol

My tipple of choice is Captain Morgan with Coke Zero (I hate the taste of Diet Coke). So, that's only 4 syns, right?

I have a friends 30th to go to next month and I think that week I will save up my syns to use them on that night out. I know it's going to be a big night and plenty of drink will be taken, but I will be strict SW before and after the event!

Hiya my tipple when I go out is vodka and coke in a tall glass and maybe the odd glass of wine made into a spritzer. Can you save up syns to allow for the odd night out or a meal out for a treat?

Hey, my personal opinion is that if u can't let ur hair down every once in a while then u won't stick to it long term. I stick to plan 100% leading up to the night but when nights out come up I go and enjoy myself, then get straight back on plan the next day

Samantha I totally agree with you there. You have to be able to let your hair down at times and as you say you can always pick up with it the following day:)

Hi everyone x just bought a bottle of 8% wine, any ideas if I get to count it as any less syns than a regular glass of wine? Thanks in advance x L x

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

When u say 8% is that the alcohol content? What's the brand/name of the wine?

Hi hun, yes 8% alcohol. Not a well known brand, it was just on offer in the local store; Copper Beach x

I can't see it online, you could always use the standard syns:

Rose wine 125ml - 4.5 syns on all plans
Red wine 125ml - 4.5 syns on all plans
White wine (dry) 125ml - 4 syns on all plans (medium 4.5 syns on all plans)

Personally I add diet lemonade to create spritzers, makes it go further :)

I can't see it online, you could always use the standard syns:

Rose wine 125ml - 4.5 syns on all plans
Red wine 125ml - 4.5 syns on all plans
White wine (dry) 125ml - 4 syns on all plans (medium 4.5 syns on all plans)

Personally I add diet lemonade to create spritzers, makes it go further :)

That's great, thanks for going to the trouble of finding the syns 4 me x

Hello ladies What's gin and tonic like for syns?

Hey Ali, gin is 3.5 syns for a 35ml measure. If you use a slimline or diet tonic water this is syn free but if ur out in a bar the schweppes tonic water is 2 to 3 syns each depending on the bottle size...

Hi all.

Just a tip - as most of you know - if a food has no free food in, the guide is 1 syn per 20cals

This is the same with drinks...just round up/down within reason (if something is 52 cals and you count it as 2.5 syns, if you then drink 10 of them - add 1 syn to your total to make up for the '2' additional cals.

I.e a 25ml of vodka is 51 cals = 2.5 syns
50ml of xtra dry martini us 47 cals = 2.5 syns
1/2 pint sweet cider is 120 cals = 6 syns
1 pint carling is 189 cals = 9.5 syns
50ml pimms no1 is 100 cals = 5 syns
25ml baileys is 87 cals = 4.5 syns
175ml red wine is 120 cals = 6 syns

And so on....

Happy weekend :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi!! I'm super new to this (this week) .... I was just wondering, my normal drink for the weekend is Lambrini (the normal one) .. hubby usually gets me a ltr bottle and it lasts the weekend (friday and Saturday night) .. I am still confused at how to work out the syn vale .. can anyone please help me. Thank you :)

I totally agree with you there. I'm sure once we have our starter packs we will find it a little easier:)

Most definatly!!!!!

Can anyone tell me the syn value of Lambrini the normal one ??? I can't work it out :( As said above hubby buys the ltr bottle which lasts the weekend (before slimming world) .. I was good and only had one glass last night .. although a large glass lol!!!

Most definatly!!!!!

Can anyone tell me the syn value of Lambrini the normal one ??? I can't work it out :( As said above hubby buys the ltr bottle which lasts the weekend (before slimming world) .. I was good and only had one glass last night .. although a large glass lol!!!

Hi there, please see below:

Lambrini Apple & Blackcurrant , 125ml 4 4 4
Lambrini Apple Cider , 330ml bottle
Lambrini Bubbly , 125ml
Lambrini Cherry , 125ml 4 4 4
Lambrini Forest Fruits Cider , 330ml bottle 11 11 11
Lambrini Light , 125ml 2 2 2
Lambrini Medium Dry , 125ml
Lambrini Original , 125ml

Back