alcoholic drinks

I'm having my first night out since starting sw in February. I've been avoiding going out drinking like the plague but I can't get out of this one.

Could somebody please tell me what the best option is... vodka, gin?? X

Last edited:
Spirits are your best option, I try and stick to vodka diet coke when I'm out. What I do is ask for a single shot of vodka in a pint glass filled to the top with diet coke - that way it lasts longer! You could also alternate between alcohol and a soft drink too, to make your Syns last longer.

I often find that the day after a night out can cause more damage than the actual night out - hangover munchies are the worst!! Make sure you've got plenty of stuff in that you know you can have, and that way you can limit the damage. I go out most weekends and have lost over 2st so far, so it can be done!

Have a great time :)

Princess_Stevie said:
Spirits are your best option, I try and stick to vodka diet coke when I'm out. What I do is ask for a single shot of vodka in a pint glass filled to the top with diet coke - that way it lasts longer! You could also alternate between alcohol and a soft drink too, to make your Syns last longer.

I often find that the day after a night out can cause more damage than the actual night out - hangover munchies are the worst!! Make sure you've got plenty of stuff in that you know you can have, and that way you can limit the damage. I go out most weekends and have lost over 2st so far, so it can be done!

Have a great time :)

Thanks for your reply and advice :) x

I'm actually drinking more alcohol now that I'm on SW!! I only allow myself a vodka and diet coke before bed if I've done some Zumba... I haven't missed doing my Zumba DVD for a month!! I've lost over 2 stone, but more importantly, I'm losing inches!!

Pimms is 4 for 35ml and is lovely with diet lemonda and lots of sliced lemon and lime! Another drink I like, which a lot of people find strange is port, 50mls is 4 syns, topped up with lots of ice and diet coke! It's lovely and fruity and a nice alternative to vodka! Also dry Martini with diet lemonade, loads of ice and sliced lemons and limes is only 2.5 syns xx

Now let's first talk about which alcoholic drinks to try and completely avoid when you're trying to lose belly fat. The first drink on our list is beer. I'll be honest; I love beer, especially good beer from independent small breweries throughout the United States.alcoholic drinks

Last edited:
Pimms is 4 for 35ml and is lovely with diet lemonda and lots of sliced lemon and lime! Another drink I like, which a lot of people find strange is port, 50mls is 4 syns, topped up with lots of ice and diet coke! It's lovely and fruity and a nice alternative to vodka! Also dry Martini with diet lemonade, loads of ice and sliced lemons and limes is only 2.5 syns xx

Didn't realise port was so low, never thought of drinking it while out either but have had it years ago and it is lovely. I usually drink Amaretto and diet coke (I think a shot is 4.5 syns but haven't had a drink in ages so can't remember) will be going out on Saturday (well next Saturday) so will have to decide on port or amaretto now...

at home you can make a mock pimms, (ok I am going to brace myself for strange looks now) balsamic vinegar, about 10 drops (or to taste) top up the glass with diet lemonade, no syns

Hiya, I only started s/w last week, and it is around the time of everyones birthdays! I have already missed 2 nights out as I'm scared to have a drink, so its really helpful to know you haven't put on when you go out! I would probably drink vodka diet coke too, but don't want to go out and only be allowed 2 or 3 drinks!! Has anyone tried saving up syns in the week to go out?? xx

Hiya, I only started s/w last week, and it is around the time of everyones birthdays! I have already missed 2 nights out as I'm scared to have a drink, so its really helpful to know you haven't put on when you go out! I would probably drink vodka diet coke too, but don't want to go out and only be allowed 2 or 3 drinks!! Has anyone tried saving up syns in the week to go out?? xx

Yep. I've only had one night out since starting SW. Had around 50ish syns that night so I calculated my syns weekly instead of daily and actually had the biggest loss that week that I've had in the 5 weeks I've been doing it (lost 2 3/4 lbs that week-normally lose 1 or 1 1/2lbs).

Stay away from cider a 568ml bottle (koppaberg and Stella Artois size) is 14 syns, unfortunately cider is my fave tipple lol.

Trouble is that most places only have diet coke or (silly little diddy bottles of) slimline tonic. I can't remember the last time I saw a bar with diet lemonade on it.

I've been a whisky & diet coke (LONG drink) for years, but have gone off it lately. Just wish the bottles of slimline tonic were bigger and I'd have a G&T (of even better, a pink gin - mmmm). I've also gone off cider and lager. It's only really G&T or wine that I enjoy at the moment. Hopefully it's just a phase. Ended up drinking lime and soda with angustora (sp) bitters last weekend.

Lucky7 said:
Trouble is that most places only have diet coke or (silly little diddy bottles of) slimline tonic. I can't remember the last time I saw a bar with diet lemonade on it.

I've been a whisky & diet coke (LONG drink) for years, but have gone off it lately. Just wish the bottles of slimline tonic were bigger and I'd have a G&T (of even better, a pink gin - mmmm). I've also gone off cider and lager. It's only really G&T or wine that I enjoy at the moment. Hopefully it's just a phase. Ended up drinking lime and soda with angustora (sp) bitters last weekend.

Martini extra dry with ice and diet coke tastes really nice, sounds odd I know but it is nice and you can have a double 50ml for 2.5 syns, I tend to have 25ml in a half pint glass with diet coke to make my syns go further or have a couple of doubles then go onto to singles, plus at the moment you can buy in tesco 2 x 1 ltr bottles for £15 :)

I love wine too much :( wish it was less syns! Is lower percent wine less syns?

Back