Alexmummy's learning journey...

Hi Everyone

Jess thank you for all your wise words as always, they are reallllly appreciated! We are planning a move towards Warfield if you know it? There's a lovely school there, that we would like to get little man into, and to be honest, we just need more space now - children just have so much "stuff".

Lelly - hello! Hope you are all well. De-cluttering is getting there. Our bedroom, and kitchen done, oh and some of little man's toys ready for tip, others going to nephew. I'm off for a couple of days now, so time really to tackle living room, under stairs, and then little man's bedroom at the weekend I think!

Re. Holiday, I am definitely planning to eat like that, I just hope there are places that I'll be able to, and not everything comes with chips - much as I like them, and again it's that whole thing about the smell isn't it! Not going anywhere too exciting, just to Butlins. Alex loved last year, so we're going for a 2nd time, and then plan a weekend to ourselves a little later in the year (across anniversary fingers X) Going to Minehead this year, so am hoping there will be more outside the complex than there was last year. Think I still may have to invest in a few key pieces (clothes wise) to get through the week, as unless, these lbs drop really rapidly in the next 10 days or so, I won't have too much to take with me...probably not a bad idea lol!

I've been thinking back across my dieting time and honestly think for me, this year is a little like 2009, where I have no "real" reason to diet, except for myself, and to be this seems better than having a reason, like a wedding or similar, because as soon as I put pressure on myself, I seem to falter. I did so well in 2009, and even early 2010, until we booked the wedding, then it went erratic, ranging from 10'3, up to 11'7 and back to 10'10 for the wedding itself. After the wedding, where I had put so much pressure on myself for that day, I found myself eating everything that I know I shouldn't. Even on honeymoon, I knew all these things weren't really "tasty" and we could have had a totally different time, trying local cuisines, and sticking more with protein even then, rather than the wrath of carbs that I went for (Sandwiches and chips for lunch each day). Coming back, really it just carried on that way.
I know the numbers are not pretty at all, but I'm pleased that I've stepped far away from the 13 stone mark now, and hope to say good bye to the 12's VERY soon. I know once into the 11's I feel a lot more comfy as it's the next stone down to 10 - I've just got to make sure it's not "toooo" comfy there!

Have to keep battling this week, and make sure that cake doesn't show up next week, so more Zumba to come, and if the weather allows, more walks at the weekend.

Back later peeps xxx

WOOPS!! Can you believe I totally forgot to let you all know - I lost 3lbs this week! Happy xx

Well done Claire! 3lbs!! Whoop whoop! Clever you. Hope the decluttering goes well, when do you hope to move? x

Morning Everyone!

Is it really Thursday already?!?! Where are the weeks going?

I had a little off-plan food yesterday. I went with my mum to see how many pups her dog is carrying, and in celebration of the fact there are at least 6 (mum is v excited, as the last mating with a different dog didn't produce any) so bought Mc Donalds for us, and Subway for dad. I had bought eggs and mushrooms with me to have an omlette, but we had been driving for 4 hours in the end, was starrrving! I made the conscious decision to have 3 chicken selects, and then had small omlette after. I am proud of myself in two ways - one because I resisted against having a meal, including chips etc, but two, because when I was comfortably full from my omlette, I left the remains. (something I really never would have done before - I would always clear every plate!)

So...ok off plan a little, but feel ok about that, and straight back into planned eating today.

xx

Zippity doo dah, zippity ay, another 3lbs has just melted away :D

Well done Claire (sp), so pleased for you :D:D

PS, sorry about the verse.....bit lame I know but I wanted to sing!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

xx

woohoo for those 3lbs hunny, nice work!! and the avoiding the worst bits of the meal and leaving some too! good practice for maintenance!

wishing you a fabby weekend hun
xx

Having a tough weekend, don't really know why but I am.
Ate some marshmellows off plan last night, and a Mint Cornetto today.

Small in the scheme of things I guess, but not on plan, and not where I want to be going. Absolutely craving a 'hearty' meal at the moment. Having some roast chicken and veg tomorrow, but my gosh if I could eat a potato and a yorkshire too, it would go down so well! x

Morning hunny, hope you are feeling stronger this morning and sending you strong vibes to avoid those carbs today! you can do it!

Have a great Sunday
xx

Hi Everyone

Haven't had an "awful" weekend, but not a great one food wise. Had the above mentioned food, and today went to a lovely playground opening, and had a free hot dog. Not good I know, but I also know I am physically hungry, and this is where my eating is spiralling from.

With my dinner last night, I thought I can have the chicken and veg, but no couscous - so after dinner I was hungry, and reached for something else - the Cornetto.

I don't "want" to go up a stage to 1000, but I think I have to realise at some point that SS and 810, just don't suit me anymore. I don't stay in ketosis on 810, and I feel awful on SS. I'm suffering headaches and real fatigue as I am, so I think I need the boost of 1000 to try and get me moving again.

My thrill of SS is for fast weight loss, but I can't necessarily achieve that anymore, and in the grand scheme of things, does it matter if it takes me two months or 6 months to get there, providing I get there.

I keep looking at chocolate today, and I know if I was allowed fruit, that would soon disappear - so I think for me, I know I need to go up.

I've done 1000 from this weight before, and I think that's where I need to go now too.
I'm not giving up, under any circumstances, but I just need a bit of breathing space, and to be filled up with my meals, to stop me thinking and looking elsewhere.

I hope this puts no one off 810, as it really is a great plan, but just for me right now, and after doing SS originally for almost 6 months, my body just doesn't agree anymore.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday.
My usual shopping day is tomorrow, so I am having a light choices meal tonight - 33g of carb in my serving, and then will go and buy all I need tomorrow evening after work to get myself going again. xx

Hi AM - sounds like a good plan to move up to 1000. It does us no good struggling on a lower plan - much better to work a plan that we can stick to!

have a great day!! :)

Hello!

Sorry I haven't had chance to get on over the last few days - Mondays and Tuesdays are always soooo busy!

1000 is going well so far, feeling much more content after my evening meal, that it's slowly taking the urges of naughty food/desserts away.
xx

Hey Hunny,
Good to see you and really glad to hear you are enjoying 1000 too, if it suits you better and you are more likely to stick with it then that's a good thing!
Have a geat day hun
x

Morning Everyone!

Nice to be Wednesday again - Mon and Tues are always sooooo busy!

Weighed in this morning, and would have been pleased with 1lb this week as I knew I hadn't been perfect, but am reallllly pleased to say I lost 2lbs. Ok so I haven't dropped out of the 12's like I would have liked pre-holiday, but I am losing, and providing that continues that is what matters. I am going to try really really hard next week to make good choices, and not to treat the holiday as binge week (like I have in the past). I fully intend to take breakfast with me so I start off on the right track every morning. I'll also have bars with me for lunch, but I know it will be a case of trying to ignore take aways and chips at lunch time - I really want to succeed though, and for me, which I hope is going to make a real difference.

Evenings will be a bit tougher as will no doubt be out more, but I'm going to take my book so I know what I can/can't have and try to pick as best as possible from there.

I'm actually really pleased with myself, 9lbs in 3 weeks after all what has happened, and almost back to the "overweight" category. It's not my lowest of the year, and of course, I've gained in the first place, but I feel I've made a really good effort, for all the right reasons, to get back on track and shift these pesky lbs!

xx

Hey hun, that's great work, glad to see your hard work is being rewarded! well done!
Have another fab week!
x

Thanks for all your support ladies - busy weekend coming up, and then away next week...may have some news when we come back. Keep you posted xxx

Can't believe it's been 4 weeks since I last posted.
Lots happening - we had our break which was nice, and found a house on the day after we got back home, so we will be moving towards the end of August. Hope everyone is ok xx

Hi AM, nice to see you back and great about the new house. Is it close to where you are at the moment?

Hope you had a lovely break :D

Hello Jess and Chels :)

No, not far - going to Warfield, we really like the schools that side, and we need a bigger place anyway, as this is only a starter home.

Hope you are both well xx

Back