Alex's Diary - No big goals, just taking one day at a time!

Weigh in day today.....drumroll please!!

0.25lbs OFF!!! Wohooo - I know that's basically a STS, but I'm so chuffed that I haven't gained!
Now I just have to see what the nurse's scales say tonight because I can't remember for the life of me what I weighed last time I went.
I have a feeling it'll be a STS there as well, but that's OK....going to really pull out the stops for the end of the month weigh-in now.

3lbs to go for my target - unlikely but acheivable!

Have a good day everybody :)

well done. :)
keep it up!!! 3lb isnt that far away!!!

Thanks everyone :)
I went to see the nurse last night, and the result was a 2lb gain over the past two and a half weeks since I saw her :(
When I got home, I got around to updating my ticker (I usually do it according to her scales rather than mine) but I ended up getting myself all confused. She weighs me in kilos, I weigh in stones, and the ticker is in pounds, so you can see how I get muddled (it doesn't take much!)
So I've decided to update it according to the work scales on a Wednesday - that way, I get to keep a weekly track of things, rather than every 2-3 weeks at the doctors.

So onto the food diary. Yesterday was pretty good:
Porridge/raisins/museli
Spicy couscous salad (230 cals) with 2 Ryvita, Philly Light, coleslaw & beetroot.
Apple
Alpen Light bar
Piri Piri chicken & rice (400cal) with stir fry veg (strange combination)
WW Toffee Sundae desert

And today:
Usual breakfast
Ham sandwich with watercress/spinach/rocket salad, beetroot, coleslaw, pickled onions
3 pieces of Galaxy Bubbles chocolate and a half a mug of milky coffee (bad day in the office)
And tonight I'm having spinach and ricotta canelloni with veg and some kind of desert

Feeling a bit crap today to be honest - work is hard, and I've managed to p!ss my boss off by pointing out something she did wrong. I was there from 7.30 this morning and didn't leave til 6 this evening, so it's been a long day.
The nice weather kinda isn't helping either (although I do love it!). I feel like I should be out there doing something, rather than just working, coming home, eating and sleeping. It's times like this that I feel like I'm existing rather than living, and although I know it's irrational because I've just been on my jollies for a week, I just can't help feeling like that.
R got in touch last week as well, so I think that's shaken me up. He wanted to meet up last Tuesday but I was away, so we just exchanged a couple of texts and agreed to meet up 'soon' - whenever that may be! I know I should just leave it now, it's been almost two months since we met, with barely any contact, but there's something that's stopping me calling it a day, even though I know it's not doing me any good.
Men eh?

Anyway, that's enough rambling and self-pity for tonight.
xx

Ramble on, my friend it will do you good. It sounds as if you are back in a good place food wise so that's a positive. The weekend is on the way, the weather is set to be good so you'll be able to enjoy it properly. As for R, you're just going to have to go with the flow and see how it pans out, without getting your hopes up too high while still staying positive. Who said life was going to be easy?? Learn to juggle!!

KB x

Think the food focus has slipped recently...although I've not been really naughty, I've perhaps only been about 75% focussed, resulting a bit of a gain over the weekend :-(
I've decided that June will be 'back to basics' month (or at least that's the plan). I'm going to count calories properly, exercise more, and try to make sensible drink decisions (not easy in this nice weather when all I want to drink is lager/cider).
I've already started this to a certain extent (as of today!), but I'm away at David's this weekend (my eating companion) so I'm going to have a bit of a blow-out and then get focussed afterwards. I'm sick of playing with the same couple of pounds week after week.

So this was yesterday's diary
No brekkie (naughty, but I got up early to the car boot sale and the only food there is from burger vans)
Jacket potato, tuna with low-fat mayo, low fat coleslaw, lettuce and beetroot
Pack of SnackAJacks
Apple
Mini box of raisins
Sirloin steak with 2 jacket potatoes (lazy option, but far too many calories with the steak), low fat coleslaw, but of Lurpack Light.
WW Toffe Sundae desert
Curly Wurly

So you see what I mean - not a pig out day, but not great either. Think I've let things slip recently and become a bit complacent and lazy with my food choices.
After all, sticking a couple of jackets in the oven is so much easier than peeling/chopping/cooking veg, but the difference in calories is a lot. So tonight I'm off to the supermarket to get myself some veg and salad, in the hope that I can drop those extra pounds before Wednesday, and maybe even lose a little more by the end of month weigh-in.

Alex I logged in today to make exactly the same kind of post on my diary, a "starting again, back to basics" post. Lets do it together, try to stick it for at least June and I'm only getting on the scales once a week too...

KB x

I'm definitely up for that KB - you're on!

I'm not sure about the weighing abstinence for me though - When I did my lent challenge, I thought I'd do much better with a weekly weigh-in rather than daily, but it didn't really make any difference. In fact, it made things slightly worse, because I could bury my head in the sand for longer!!

I might try not jumping on twice a day for a while though!! :D

You go for it though, it's worth seeing whether it makes any difference to your weight-loss and the way you feel about it day-to-day.

Just had a lovely dinner!! I know it's a bit sad but I though I'd take a picture to show ya (is that taking food obsession to a new level?!)

Salmon fillet with summer vegetable stir fry in a lime and ginger dressing, and corn on the cob...

I know salmon can be a bit dodgy for some people on Xenical but I've always been OK.

I've been to Morrisons now, and I've got enough salad and stir-fry stuff to sink a ship! Tomorrow's lunch is also planned and prepared!
I know it's a bit pointless as I'll be pigging out at the weekend, but let's call it damage limitation :)

Attachments

• meal.jpg
    meal.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 20
Hey hunny! Hope your well!

Hope back to basics goes well! Im thinking maybe we could set up a 100 % 30 day challenge in June? 1

Glad you had a good weekend?!

love katie :heartpump:

Alex, dinner looks gorgeous, except for the salmon, not my thing at all!
Katie, loving the challenge idea, we can talk it over before 1st of June.

KB x

Me too, I definitely need to see the scales shift in June, because I've got nowhere in May!

Just been on the scales and I'm back to the same weight I was last Wednesday, so the weekend gain has gone :) It probably means I'm looking at a STS at the official weigh-in tomorrow, but it could be a lot worse.

I've just had my breakfast, and I've got a nice salad to look forward to for lunch, so I'm sorted until tonight. Then my only problem will be deciding what to have because my fridge is crammed full of healthy stuff!

Unfortunately I have to go to a funeral this afternoon, so not a great day to look forward to. The funeral is for my friend/colleague's brother who died last week aged 43. I didn't know him, but I'm going to show my support for her.
Puts all this weight-loss angst into perspective a bit for me :(

Morning, Alex. Well the gain has gone so that's a good thing so lets get on with it from here. It sounds as though you have plenty of lovely healthy food to choose from so that will help. I hope you get through this afternoon ok, it's so much more difficult when it's someone young, the "well s/he had a good life" platitudes don't really work. Have a good day,

KB x

Mmm, that dinner looks delic! I had salmon on Sat night and didnt seem to have any ill effects either. I would like to join the challenge but Im away for a week in June, so probably wouldnt qualify.
You sound like youre in a good place Alex.
xx

Thanks Clarri, I'm doing OK actually, although for the moment I'm only looking as far ahead as the weekend. Once that's done, I'm doing to give this all I've got - at least for June anyway!

So this is today's diary

B - Porridge/museli/raisins (?250 cals)

S - plain crackerbread (19cals)

L - Salad made with half a pre-pepared chicken/tomato/pasta salad (160cals) and half a pre-pepared greek salad (lettuce, feta, olives, tomatoes) 40 cals (it was only tiny), plus extra lettuce and cherry tomatoes.
2 crackerbread (19cals each) with scaping of Philly (?45cals), low-fat coleslaw (?didn't weigh/measure) and beetroot

S - Cappuccino coffee (sachet thing) ?calories - didn't have the box

D - ASDA sweet chilli chicken - (340cals), stir fry veg as yesterday (90cals) extra baby sweetcorn (?cals)

maybe a WW desert

Think after the weekend I'm going to have to start weighing and measuring properly because I've just noticed how much guessing I do when it comes to calories. Most things I have a rough idea about, or I know the calories per 100g etc. but don't weigh/measure so I can't be sure of what I'm having!

could i join the june challenge as well please I would like to see what i could lose if I really stuck to it...im on xenical and healthy eating but i dont know how to change my profile status..
weight.png

Of course you can :)
At the moment we're only just talking about it, but I expect one of us will set up a challenge thread in the Xenical section at the beginning of June, so look out for that and come and join in!

Any changes to your profile can be done by clicking the 'User CP' link at the top left hand side of the page.

By the way, well done on your weight-loss so far, you're doing brilliantly :D

Weigh-in day today, and I've lost 1.25lbs...not too bad, considering that I thought I was looking at a STS.
I seem to be in a pattern of being focussed from Monday to Wednesday when I know weigh-in day is approaching, then I loosen my grip slightly for the next couple of days, until the weekend when things inevitably go even more pear-shaped, until Monday when I'm back to being focussed in preparation for the weigh-in.
I was 16st 10 on Monday morning (a gain of 1.75lbs from last Wednesday), but this morning I was 16st 7! just imagine how much better I could do if I was focussed all week!

Still another 1.5lbs to go for my monthly target. Am going to weigh on Friday because I'll be pigging out at the weekend! I know that's cheating a bit, but what the hell :D

Back