Alex's Diary - No big goals, just taking one day at a time!

Thanks for the messages everyone :) - I'm well and truly back on track now, and my sneaky scale-hops show that I've re-lost lost the weight I gained at V. Obviously, I won't record it until Wednesday, but unless something goes wrong between now and then, it's looking pretty good. Can't wait to be back under that half way point again - it was horrible having to update my ticker when I gained last week :(

Anyway, maybe it's time to start recording my food again. I'll start with yesterday, and I'm going to try to do it as often as I can!

B - porridge/museli
L - small can of ravioli on toast
S - grapes
D - 2 jacket potatoes with home-made quorn chilli, sprinking of reduced fat cheddar.
S - WW toffee ice cream

Over the past couple of days, I seem to have been eating more calories and slightly bigger meals, but I still seem to be losing. Don't know what that's about but I'm not complaining! Maybe it's because I haven't been drinking :( Can't believe it's a bank holiday and I haven't been out at all, but I don't suppose it'll do me any harm.

Off to see my lovely god-daughters this afternoon, so that should be nice :) Hope you're all having a nice bank holiday weekend x

Back again - twice in one day! I need to get out more! :)

So here's today's food diary:
B - porridge/museli (bigger portion than usual - my hand slipped with the milk so I had to top it up with more porridge etc)
L - WW tomato soup, 2 x toast with a scraping of Flora Buttery (naughty)
S - Pear
S - Snack size pack of Haribos (about 10 mini sweets)
D - Salmon fillet (awaiting side effects), new potatoes with pesto dressing (amazingly within Xenical rules!), roast peppers
S - WW chocolate brownie desert

Not a perfect day, breakfast was BIG, and dinner wasn't 100% within the rules. I'm also probably a bit heavy on calories for today, although I haven't totted it all up.
Never mind - it's the weekend and I haven't eaten out OR gone out drinking, so I think I deserve to loosen my belt a bit with food ;)

x

OK I get that you didn't go OUT drinking but surely Mr v or some of his mates came to visit? He certainly did here! Hope you enjoyed your bank holiday,

KB x

Mr V visited for one little drink on Friday night, but he didn't stick around :( How sad is that?
Today's been pretty busy, but not very fruitful. I went to a big car boot sale about 20 miles away this morning, but didn't get much. Then I drove for another 20 minutes or so to the John Lewis at Cheadle (near Manchester) to spend some vouchers I had for my birthday. I wanted to spend them on some Orla Keily bed linen, but they didn't have the one I wanted in stock :( After that, I gradually made my way back home, stopping at various retail parks in an attempt to find a new going-out top, to no avail!
So I ended up back home, ordered my bed linen online, and ordered a top from Ebay! Maybe I shouldn't have bothered going through the front door today!

On a more positive note, today has been alright food-wise:

B - porridge/museli
L - Chicken salad sandwich
S - Tic tacs
S - Velvet Crunch sweet thai chilli crisps
D - 3 Dalepak vegetable fingers, stir fry in Blue Dragon sauce, straight-to-wok noodles
S - WW chocolate ice cream

Seems like a lot of food there, but I think I was OK on calories. Just need to keep it together until Wednesday and hope for a good enough loss to get me back under that half way mark again!

Hope you're all well x

Another pretty good day today - not saintly, but when am I ever?

B - Porridge/museli
S - Apple
L - Heinz Big Soup (lamb and vegetable), 1 slice of bread
S - Cheese and onion bread stick thing
D - M&S pasta/chicken/veg ready meal thingy, stuffed pepper
S - Curly Wurly

REALLY hoping for a good result on the scales tomorrow! I'll be posting first thing with the result either way!
x

good luck tomorrow!

Well it's weigh-in day and I'm pleased to report a 4.75lb loss!!! WOHOOOOO!!
Can't believe it to be honest - as you can see from my food diary, I've not been an angel, but then again, I've not had much of a life this week either!

Off to update my ticker now...just a pesky quarter of a pound away from 3.5 stone! Grrrrr!

Good work Alex :D

Wooooop well done hunny! Thats fab news!

Hope you are well! Im hoping to catch up with your dairy tomoz hun!

lotsa love
xxxxxx

well done thats fab!! woop woop!

Thank you! :)
Well I've had a couple of good days food-wise, except for one meal on Thursday night when I met an old university friend for a pub meal.
Originally I was going to have steak and jacket potato, but I caved in and had chips :eek: I didn't feel too guilty because it was the first treat I'd had in a while, and the portions weren't massive....but instead of stopping there, I decided to round it all off with a syrup sponge and ice cream!!
Ah well, the scales are still looking relatively positive, so I just need to try and keep a grip with the alcohol tonight, and the hangover cravings tomorrow...then it's plain sailing until Wednesday :)

I'll post what I can remember of yesterdays's food:

B - Porridge/museli
S - Alpen Light bar
L - Beans on Toast
S - 3 squares of Whole Nut chocolate
S - Cappucino coffee (sachet thingy)
D - M&S meatball meal (fuller for longer), 1 stuffed pepper (M&S)
S - Mini Milk lolly

So not a perfect day, but I think I JUST managed to stay within my calorie allowance for the day.
Have a good weekend everyone x

Well yesterday was a really tricky hangover day - I just wanted to eat everything in sight!
Firstly I decided to skip breakfast and have brunch instead, which was 2 Quorn sausages, 1 fried egg, 1 slice of eggy bread, beans and mushrooms (all cooked healthily so not toooo bad as a breakfast and lunch combined)
Then I snacked on a pack of iced gems (100 cal) and half a round of toast with butter (oops!)
Dinner was a full Sunday roast, but with Bernard Matthews turkey burgers instead of proper meat - I had it with corn on the cob, carotts, leeks, brocolli, cauli, 2 mini yorkshires, and gravy.
Not as bad as it could have been, considering how hungry I felt, but my portions were way out of control!

Scales are reporting a 0.25lb midweek gain, so I'm hoping that's gone, along with a bit more by Wednesday!

ahhhh the mid week... stop weighing. lol....

yesterdays food doesnt sound all that bad, but obviously portion sizes do come into it...

good luck with the rest of the week...

Hey hun! Hope your well!

Mid week weigher alert hehe Dont do it (ahem pot kettle loool)

Hopefully it didnt do much damage if you been 100% otherwise!

Fingers crossed

xxx

More confessions from a naughty scale hopper....I jumped on again this morning, and that small gain hasn't shifted :( Hoping for something dramatic before tomorrow (half a stone would be nice ;))

So here's yesterday's food diary:

B - Porridge/Museli
S - Small piece of coffee and walnut cake (it was VERY small - just to be sociable ;))
L - Beans on toast
S - Velvet crunch sweet thai chilli crisps
D - Jacket potato with home made Quorn chilli

So not a bad day, except for the cake - and I didn't have a desert after my evening meal, so I didn't feel too naughty.
Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow, but realistically I wouldn't mind a STS because I lost loads last week, and I haven't been 100% on track this week.

My Tesco shopping is arriving tonight, so at least I'll have some nice foods to choose from for the rest of the week :D

Hope you're all well
x

Sounds like it's all going pretty well, Alex and whatever happens tomorrow it'll be better than what I see on my scales! Good luck to the 2 of us.

KB x

Its really hard to stick with it especially when you don't always asee the reuslts you feel you've earned!!! After reading all the support you give eachother I really think this is great. I so want to be slim again xx

Back