Alien territory

Kieran_A

Hello all,

I noticed a long time ago that I rarely last two weeks on any eating plan. I usually cheat then get so annoyed I fall right off the wagon and never get back on it again.

Now I have been on this way of eating for 18 days or so and I am well...anxious, this is strange for me lol. I am not used to getting this far and unsure of how I feel about it.

On one hand I am pleased and will carry on, the other hand I feel as though a diet fatigue is setting in. I know this fatigue thing is something I can ride out. It really amazes me how on here people have over a 100lbs to lose and they carry on week after week, it is so incredibly admirable.

Kieran

totally agree with what you say ............ we have to keep going ....what a mad world ! xxx

Hi Kieran
For me i try to think of this as a way of eating vs a diet. Actually i rather like it :D

Good luck and remember to keep your food ideas fresh so you dont get bored - there is so much choice and variety to have!

can't better the comments above, i feel the same as you, after a couple of weeks of a 'diet' they get boring, though i have followed diets for longer than that, over all they get lost at some point.
now, atkins, i have been following for almost nine months now, and it has become my habit, my way of eating, its what i do.

Oh I agree I've had the two week bored so many times. I think it's key you find an eating plan you enjoy. Only when you truly enjoy what you are eating will you be able to resist the temptations of life hehe xx

I totally agree with everything said. Every other diet I've done I've lapsed and gone back to old ways. This is the first time I've stopped craving things that aren't good for me. and I enjoy how much healthier I feel, so really hopefully it'll be a long term thing.

Hey, don't know if I'm allowed to be posting here - I do slimming world(!!). However, a few years ago I tried atkins. At the beginning I did find it hard, but after the first 3 weeks or so I found I really enjoyed it. Not one piece of chocolate, crisps or sweets passed my lips for about 6 months - not because I 'couldn't' but because I had no desire to eat them. Then Christmas came and I still didn't want to eat all those quality street etc., but thought I'll just have a few - and it was a slippery slope after that! Lol

What I found most difficult were the people around me always criticising the plan and saying - this cant be good for you, etc etc. They failed to realise how it actually worked and thought I spent my days eating nothing but greasy fry ups! Before I started I had done the research and planned planned planned and it definitely worked for me (on the time I was on it that is). Now doing SW is totally different but I planning is still the key!!

Good luck all x

Oh yes I agree with all the above, I suppose it feels strange because 1) I rarely last more than two weeks, 2) I am a carb fiend, for years I have been tucking into pasta, biscuits, breads etc, 3) The first two weeks of a different way of eating still have novelty about it, the novelty is now wearing off.

I like the way I am eating, but strangely I am caring less about food, I think this is because I have it in control and don't need to keep thinking about what to have for dinner all the time.

Kieran

Back